PDA

View Full Version : TiVo Connects to TiVo Service Okay but does not see other Newtworked TiVo's

Bobsta
27-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Hi Everyone,

The right place to post I hope.

I have 6 TiVo's networked in the household and all have been working fine for ages. Today one has decided to play up and although it connects okay to the TiVo service and download the guide etc okay (ie: picks up IP address okay), it refuses to see the other 5 TiVo's on the network (and vice versa). I have done the usual re-boot of the problem TiVo, re-booted my router and re-booted (in desperation) the other 5, to no avail.

Any help appreciated as this has me stumped.

Cheers,
Bob

DavidKeegel
03-11-2017, 09:29 AM
In case its not too late for a reply now...

Have a look at whether Media Access Key is listed in Account & System Information for the TiVo which has stopped networking, and whether it has the same value as the other TiVos.

But given it is after 31 October 2017 if there is a Media Access Key issue then you probably can't fix it using your account at mytivo.com.au.

Caramelojrn
05-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Hi David, am I correct in saying that the M.A.K needs to be the same on each Tivo? I currently have one modded and one not modded, they were connected (you could see the other in "Now Playing" and vice versa).
I now can see the Tivo's but there's nothing to play? Also, one of the Tivo's name has reverted back to the original name?? Thanks, Ross

tfb
05-12-2017, 11:07 PM
I'm also having this problem which only started a couple of days ago. Both modded tivos which could see and transfer between each other can no longer do so. They appear to have lost their names (eg one is now call "DVR-4518 Media Device") and when selecting it from the other tivo it says it has no recordings. Both have MAKs which are the same and both were previously able to see and transfer recordings until recently.

cods69
06-12-2017, 09:39 AM
I'm also having this problem which only started a couple of days ago. Both modded tivos which could see and transfer between each other can no longer do so. They appear to have lost their names (eg one is now call "DVR-4518 Media Device") and when selecting it from the other tivo it says it has no recordings. Both have MAKs which are the same and both were previously able to see and transfer recordings until recently.

Same problem here. For the first week after mods, everything was fine.
This started happening to me about 2 weeks ago.

EDIT: I should have noted that I have NOT done a C&DE on either TiVo. Only a RGS, CTR&S and CPI&TDL was performed on both.

Caramelojrn
06-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Thought I'd confirm a couple of things. The MAK's are the same. The name change is only the modded unit. They originally were able to access and copy from each other. (not 100% that this was pre or post mod).