PDA

View Full Version : Big sky channel rearrange

divxmaster
01-09-2015, 03:11 PM
As you may have noticed, SKY did a big channel renumber today. I have currently forced
an update to see if the channel changes have been done. update soon.

Update: daily call did not rearrange channels. I have pm'ed Wibble.

Divxmaster

dieterm
02-09-2015, 05:23 PM
All working now (8:00pm, NZT). Many thanks, and always appreciative :-)

Wibble
03-09-2015, 07:50 AM
FYI: I am looking at retiring the server early next year. The hardware will likely die soon anyway and the OS is just too old. I don't use a Tivo myself and do not have the time or inclination to build a new server. If somebody is interested in building a replacement please let me know otherwise I'll just set a final date.

Thanks.

divxmaster
03-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Before you shut it down, any chance you could image it with Acronis? And then dump the image
where I could grab it? Is it Linux or windows? I think acronis works on Linux partitions
anyway. Might be able to get it up and running via acronis universal restore, so a least
part of the process might be extracted.
(or are you going to throw orac in the bin perhaps?- I'll grab it if at all possible under
this scenario)

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Wibble
04-09-2015, 10:13 AM
It's running a 10 year old linux on a AMD Sempron 2400 with 1Gb ram and 2x 60Gb disks. So it's bin territory. I can put a tar backup on spare sata disk if you want but it' unlikely you will be able to create a VM directly from this server.

divxmaster
05-09-2015, 08:50 AM
ok cool, we can chat closer to your shutdown time.
What I meant is that if there is no personal information on orac, then actually box it up and post
it to me, I would pay of course.

I don't know much Linux, except using the TiVo, but might be able to extract procedures from it.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

DJC
06-09-2015, 07:29 AM
I think thanks have got to go to wibble for his fantastic work on hosting the system over a long period.

The system has been stable as, great uptimes and basically just worked -- thanks mate!

I would not be worried about imaging the server, its not required. The whole setup packages up quite well and can be deployed in a vm. Shadow dev copies have been run up in digital ocean from time to time, and its also been proven to operate nicely in a dirt cheap openvz setup, think lowendbox.com. For anyone interested in taking this on, I am prepared to assist in the moving the code (PM me).

divxmaster
10-09-2015, 04:40 AM
I am working with DJC to set up a replacement guide system. It will not be the full emulator though,
but will hopefully be slice files that your TiVo will automatically download. I think functionality will
remain the same. If I cant get it to work, we still have the system developed by mpnash and myself.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Ray
13-09-2015, 11:46 AM
It would be really sad if TiVo retires - having used it in the UK and here in NZ for over 15 years I have got very used to it. Anything a non-geek can do to help? Other systems frankly just don't match it for simplicity in my view.

divxmaster
14-09-2015, 05:35 AM
It would be really sad if TiVo retires - having used it in the UK and here in NZ for over 15 years I have got very used to it. Anything a non-geek can do to help? Other systems frankly just don't match it for simplicity in my view.

Well testing certainly, however it will be quite some time before I get a test system up, but Tivo wont die, we already have a working replacement
system, although it misses genres and things, but it still works ok.