PDA

View Full Version : Guide Data Running Out

Ray
04-02-2015, 07:40 PM
I just noticed I have no guide data on either of my 2 TiVo's after 5th Feb. Daily calls say they succeeded with data to 12th Feb. Anyone else have this issue?

divxmaster
05-02-2015, 08:17 AM
yes, same issue here. just ran daily call, no data.

aklobem
05-02-2015, 02:26 PM
Yes, same. Just made a daily call, it succeeded but no schedule data.

dieterm
05-02-2015, 05:33 PM
Ditto - guide data ends today :(

DJC
05-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Someone will need to PM wibble, likely a problem on the server

divxmaster
06-02-2015, 08:09 AM
I have pm'ed Wibble.

mpnash
06-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Hopefully Wibble can help out soon (please).

For now, a workaround that I set up last year is still available if anyone is really desperate
[edited: see latest post]

It's only does 17 of the freeview channels (extendible, if you can use a unix editor), and even then some channels do not show up immediately for me for some unknown reason - but it may be worth a try. Good luck.

divxmaster
06-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Hi, downloaded the quickfix, but found an error in the readme, has wget ftp://130.216.208.118/mnas002/tivo/tvguide/tvguide-001.tgz
- should be file tvguide-v001.tgz.
On running, it gets the freeview.xml fine (1.9mb), but then has error:

mv: /hack/tvguide/freeview.xml: No such file or directory
Formatting tivo data file for TV1 ...
./generate-tivoEPG-and-load.sh: awk: command not found
Loading tivo data file for TV1 ...
adding channels

Creating station list
adding programs
./generate-tivoEPG-and-load.sh: expr: command not found
Formatting tivo data file for TV1 ...
./generate-tivoEPG-and-load.sh: awk: command not found

any ideas?

mpnash
06-02-2015, 04:26 PM
I think I've fixed the errors regarding 'mv' and README.
The awk and expr tools should be in /devbin/ however I've now bundled them in the *.tgz file (in case they cannot be found).
So try blowing it away ('rm -r /hack/tvguide') and starting afresh.
Let me know of any more issues.

divxmaster
06-02-2015, 04:54 PM
yep, that's fixed it. thanks! (one more small tweak - , tvguide-v001.tgz for the tar command too)

Its running now, getting the errtmbackgroundholdoff, but that's normal for tvload.tcl.
(for others that get this, just wait and it should continue).

Not sure if I mentioned, but I can pull ALL the sky guide data (all channels) from my sat card in my pc. Will get around to this
at some stage, so we can load all data if needed. Well it used to work anyway.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

mpnash
06-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Oops, fixed the tar command in the README, tar ;-)

Yeah, I had quite a few of those holdoffs, but it seemed to get through everything OK (except there was no data for Sommet in the freeview file).
I found that the TV2 data loaded instantly, but it took a few hours before the TV1/3 showed up in the guide, so YMMV.

Great to have a backup source for all the Sky data if we get desperate. I could mod these scripts if needed.
In case others are interested, instructions on how to download/install the scripts on your TiVo are available here (for now):
[edited: see latest post]

divxmaster
06-02-2015, 05:44 PM
Yes I noticed that delay with data showing up in the guide. It didn't do this when we ran tvload on our tivo implementation. Some incompatibility I guess but it gets there.

divxmaster
07-02-2015, 12:24 PM
I'll see if I can scrape up some sky data this weekend.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

divxmaster
08-02-2015, 06:22 AM
Hi mpnash,
I've created all the sky data in a .xml file, any chance I can send to it you and you may be
able to get your script to convert it? Its similar to what you use in freeview.xml, with a few
differences. I don't seem to be able to attach a file here.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

mpnash
08-02-2015, 07:36 AM
I've PMd you my address. Will try and have a look today or tonight.

mpnash
09-02-2015, 09:09 AM
I've nearly got the workaround going for sky and freeview data. It seems that the data load up OK and are visible on the guide.

However, one major issue is that this method (using 'TVLoad.tcl LoadData FILE' and 'TVLoad.tcl TriggerDBGCIndex') does not seem to allow programmes to be detected by wishlists or SPs. So my To Do List is empty, and I have no idea how to fix that. Very inconvenient :-(

dieterm
09-02-2015, 11:25 AM
I've nearly got the workaround going for sky and freeview data. It seems that the data load up OK and are visible on the guide.

However, one major issue is that this method (using 'TVLoad.tcl LoadData FILE' and 'TVLoad.tcl TriggerDBGCIndex') does not seem to allow programmes to be detected by wishlists or SPs. So my To Do List is empty, and I have no idea how to fix that. Very inconvenient :-(

Thanks for the workaround, loaded most of the guide data Ok, other than the long list of errholdoffs...

Like you, have found that the wishlists and season passes are not being recognised, but not too much of a biggies, as long as the guide data is up, and able to book programes.

divxmaster
09-02-2015, 12:19 PM
We are working on this now,
looking into creating a slice file, that we can load up which
shouldn't have these problems

Cheers,
Divxmaster

mpnash
09-02-2015, 08:35 PM
I've updated the parse/load scripts to deal with Sky data (being supplied by divxmaster, thx!) and freeviewnz data.

Latest instructions:
[edited - see latest post]

In this version, the default is to load all Sky data, and then all freeviewnz data.
(A few channels, such a Prime, are presently missing in the Sky data).
Add a comment in the wrapper script if you only need one data source.

Issues:
- wishlists now work, but Season Passes do not :-(
- all episodes for a show appear the same within a week - no biggie.
- not particularly efficient, but at least the trusty Series1 gets there.

mpnash
10-02-2015, 06:04 PM
EPG load script updates:
- now all Sky channels are loaded (incl Movie channels)
- now the wrapper script only loads Sky data by default (option to switch to freeview is available)
- now scripts and EPG source files all stored on drivehq (thanks divxmaster!)
- EPG are presently updated at 8.30pm on Monday and Friday - this may get changed to daily.
- latest instructions here:
ftp://miritc96ze:tivo@66.220.9.50/PublicFolder/README-v009.txt

Wibble
11-02-2015, 09:17 AM
Hi Guys, sorry for the very late reply. I got swamped at work and missed the emails.
The database got corrupted, hence no new data.
I have fixed it now and today's slice should be good when it's generated.

dread
13-02-2015, 04:04 AM
Hi, My Tivo only seems to have data for a couple of channels...TV2, 3 and a couple of others. I didn't run any of the workarounds, just forced a phone call last night ( after Wibble's slice) Is there anything else I should do to get it to reload the guide data ?
thanks for any help
David

Ray
13-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Thanks all for sorting this out. I seem to have all Sky and Freeview channels. Just cannot use the thumbs at the moment for new programmes.

Now in my 16th year with TiVo so would be very sorry to see it go.

:)

aklobem
14-02-2015, 06:17 AM
Hi - forced a couple of calls - doesn't look like any update has come through. Is there anything else that I should be doing? Appreciate all the help here and am able and keen to assist if you need another set of hands.

dread
14-02-2015, 06:29 AM
Hi - forced a couple of calls - doesn't look like any update has come through. Is there anything else that I should be doing? Appreciate all the help here and am able and keen to assist if you need another set of hands.

Same here, sorta glad its not just me:-).

I've tried clearing and deleting all old program data, and reloaded, but seems to be just picking up the freeview channels data, no SKY epg.

dieterm
15-02-2015, 05:34 PM
EPG load script updates:
- now all Sky channels are loaded (incl Movie channels)
- now the wrapper script only loads Sky data by default (option to switch to freeview is available)
- now scripts and EPG source files all stored on drivehq (thanks divxmaster!)
- EPG are presently updated at 8.30pm on Monday and Friday - this may get changed to daily.
- latest instructions here:
ftp://miritc96ze:tivo@66.220.9.50/PublicFolder/README-v005.txt

My guide data runs out tonight (Sunday 15th), and I cannot log on to the ftp site for an interim download

I get "530 Not logged on, user (miritc96ze) or password incorrect!" when clicking the link above.

Cheers

D.

dieterm
15-02-2015, 05:50 PM
Actually, just forced a Phone Call - looks like most data is there, except for TV1, Prime and Face TV. Weird that TV1+1 is ok though.

Cheers

mpnash
15-02-2015, 06:24 PM
My guide data runs out tonight (Sunday 15th), and I cannot log on to the ftp site for an interim download

I get "530 Not logged on, user (miritc96ze) or password incorrect!" when clicking the link above.

Divxmaster maintains the FTP site, and took it offline after Wibble fixed the emulator (thanks, BTW!).
Hopefully, he'll see this soon and re-enable it for you soon.

divxmaster
16-02-2015, 02:17 PM
argh, emulator seems to be down again.
I have reopened our system, latest sky data uploaded today. Should work fine.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

dieterm
18-02-2015, 07:57 PM
argh, emulator seems to be down again.
I have reopened our system, latest sky data uploaded today. Should work fine.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Thanks for opening the ftp again.

Cheers

Ray
21-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Still no Sky data on daily call. Anyone still trying to fix?

Wibble
22-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Yes, working on it.

The data should have shown up on saturday night.

baj11
24-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Hi Wibble and Team,

Thanks heaps for sorting this out.

divxmaster
09-03-2015, 05:54 AM
My PC is now providing all the TiVo guide data up to Wibbles Emulator,
- is data missing on any channels anybody uses?
I have populated all the channels I use.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

WerV
13-03-2015, 05:51 PM
A big thanks for sorting the guide data... fyi, sky arts channel is still no go

Ray
13-03-2015, 08:40 PM
All my channels are ok. Thanks.

divxmaster
14-03-2015, 05:48 AM
A big thanks for sorting the guide data... fyi, sky arts channel is still no go

Hi,
Channels ARTS, Rialto, Rugby, Country TV, Disney Junior and TVNZ Kidzone 24 added!

Cheers,
Divxmaster

WerV
18-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Thanks again ..sky art all good ...any trick to keeping the clock set correctly?...I can settime from my pc but it resets itself and looses a hour again