PDA

View Full Version : Time to let go :)

jaidev
22-08-2012, 10:09 PM
of all my Series 1 units.. :(
Hi it's been a long time.. I wonder how many still visit here..
I will list all my units in the for sale section I have 5 I think and lots of parts etc.. I'm only running a couple of S3 HD units now..
To be honest I could've sold them on ages ago but didn't or couldn't not sure which :eek:
Well it's nice to see the forums still running.

Skolink
23-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Will you be having some sort of ceremony? ;)
It's a lot quieter on here these days, and most of the discussion is regarding TiVoHD units.
I'm keeping my Series 1 running until they switch off analog broadcasts in Canterbury in April 2013. After that I may still connect it to the Dreambox satellite receiver I never watch (but still find novel to have). Still plenty of sentimental value in my S1!

dieterm
23-08-2012, 06:36 AM
There isn't much 12yo technology that still keeps runnning, and running, and running. Barely misses a beat.
I still have 2 S1 units, one in everyday use ( hooked up to a Sky box), and one as a spare.
Just so nice that I can remote access them from anywhere, pull down recordings for archiving / later viewing.

petestrash
24-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks for all the time you gave to TiVo in New Zealand Jaidev.

Pete

NZMarke
24-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah .. thanks heaps Jaidev. You'll be sorely missed .. for as long as we manage to keep these old TiVos running!

Cheers

Mark

jaidev
25-08-2012, 07:26 PM
No worries thanks Pete. Won't be disappearing entirely, have a couple HD units. And considering the Hybrid Tivo situation may have to be ready to investigate emulator data for them in the future :)

Lurker
04-09-2012, 02:34 PM
I am having the same letting go problem - thanks guys for all your support over the years, getting my UK tivo working when I moved here to getting some new US S1 up and running after the ex wife kept hold of the Tivo - grr.

My HD Tivo has been running for a while without issues so it is time to let the old reliable S1 out to pastures - and here is hoping Hybrid don't go under.

Chris