PDA

View Full Version : help with philips series 1 and T-Box

vex
03-06-2012, 05:39 PM
looks a little quiet here, hope im posting in the right place?

i have set up a US philips series 1 with oztivo V3 1.6.2 and a telstra T-Box as second input, & codes are working good.

but can anyone tell me before i venture into a guide redo if:

can i set the 1st input instead of analog antenna to be a digital set top box ( and i will have to change the codes to the T-Box)
and keep the second input set as a foxtel box (which i have changed the codes to T-Box)

to clarify can i use the 1st input and the second input as the composite in of the tivo at the same time
but with different guides eg digital fta and the foxtel channels ???

note: i have not done the seconds av input S-Video mod.

im sorta thinking no but i hope yes

also im happy to upload the TBox.tcl to the irwki but i dont have a username and password ( should i know this?)
can anyone email these to vex@accessdigital.com.au and i will upload if anyone wants.

any help would be great thanx in advance.

Islander
03-06-2012, 08:32 PM
If I am reading your request correctly you want to connect two set top boxes one connected to the S-Video input and the other on the composite video input. The problem with this is that an unmodified TiVo S1 has only one audio input.
The dual input mod provides a second audio input that is paired with the S-Video input. In it's original configuration the S1 can be configured to have two set top boxes connected with one connected to the analogue tuner (tuner out on set top box to tuner in of TiVo) the other set top box is connected to the video input (either S-Video OR composite and the L/R audio I/P). To use the analogue tuner in this configuration it will need to the PAL tuner mod (the original US TiVo has an NTSC tuner).
When setup with two inputs the TiVo can run both devices with a program guide for each and controls the set top devices via a dual I/R blaster. You can, of course, only record one program at a time.
Hope this answers your questions and you are not put off by the above as IMHO the S1 is still an excellent device and well worth using.

vex
04-06-2012, 09:27 AM
thanks heaps for the reply, but i had a feeling i would be miss understood.......

so to clarify.........

telstra T-Box is a FTA pvr that recieves all digital channels via rf antenna
it also can stream foxtel,youtube and bigpond movies through bigpond fast internet.

the box can record one fta channel and you can watch another, but cant record a second nor can
it record foxtel or youtube movies etc.

if you connect it to tv via component you get 1080i and it can also output standard sd 576i out the
composite at the same time.

so to save money on foxtel i am trying to conect it using the old tivo after cleaning the dust off it,
to record foxtel channels as the starter channels with bigpond is $30 a month

so that sorts out foxtel recording through tivo and fta recording via watching tv
i just wanted to finish the whole thing with trying to make it dual record so to speak.

i would like to be able to tell the tivo use the av input as a digital box and use fta guide/channels
and also use the same av input (cause its the same box) as a foxtel box for fox guide/channnels

from the oztivo guides i followed the irSliceCreator guide to make it work,
does anybody know the commands to change the 1st input ir codes, or will it be the same
cause im thinking the tivo can only use one set of codes per input(eg: foxtel box)

i hope this is a bit clearer, i know what im on about its maybe im not able to explaine it properly,
i would love to hear if anyone has some ideas and if you need more information i will elaberate more.
i think it will be a cool cheap setup in the end.
thanx

vex
04-06-2012, 11:22 AM
i was reading the guide for second av mod, can anyone answere some questions please

in the guide he did not solder any ground or -ve wires to the rca connectors?

is the case acting as a ground??

also if you do the s-video input can you use a composite to s-video adaptor
like i got with my old computer video card

as i need it to be a composite in not an s-video in ???

any help would be great as i would like to know before i do it, that its gunna work.

Skolink
08-06-2012, 08:14 PM
I'll try posting this again...
I've done a dual audio mod in the past. In the guide he is using non-insulated RCA connectors, so the case is acting as the ground 'wire'. Otherwise you will need to run a ground wire back to the motherboard.
Once you have the mod done, the composite video input will be paired with the existing audio inputs, and the S-Video input will be paired with the new audio inputs.
Then once you have changed the Palmod settings, and redone guided setup you TiVo will be able to record from either input (either STB) automatically.
In your guide listings you will see the channels for both Foxtel and Telstra listed.

Yes you can use an S-video<->composite adaptor with either input.

Cheers,
John

petestrash
08-06-2012, 08:54 PM
looks a little quiet here, hope im posting in the right place?

There is only noise when someone has problems, quiet is good. :)

also im happy to upload the TBox.tcl to the irwki but i dont have a username and password ( should i know this?)
can anyone email these to vex@accessdigital.com.au and i will upload if anyone wants.

You can either upload it yourself by Registering here (http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration). Note there is not the option to choose Telstra, so just you another manufacturer. When you are done let me know and I will fix it up for you.

Or just attach a zip here and I'll do it for you.

Peter.

vex
10-06-2012, 07:43 PM
thanx for the replies guys that clears almost every thing,,, my hdd died in the old tivo so im back to square one,
no big deal i prob should start from scratch and get it right anyway to upload a good set of codes.
maybe more dust than i relized.......anyway

so if there is no telstra to select (which i figured) so i will select a hd box and change the codes...
what comand do i issue like the
dbsetx 2274/12 CableBoxCodeNum 29992
what do i change to fix the first input???
i figure i get it from tivo web but at monment i only have i think /12 and /13 (with analoge tuner)
but i have not done a redo with two boxes so will that change???

thanks heaps for the help i am heaps greatfull.

also once im done i will need a few channels added to the foxtel line up......is this posible by someone???
who do i ask nicely?? i dont need guide info, just the channnels added so i can do a manual record.

again thanks if anyone can help

petestrash
12-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Do the dual source setup first as that may give you different numbers to what you have now.

CableBoxCodeNum is whatever you used when capturing the codes.

How are the channels actually numbered using the tbox?

Peter.

petestrash
12-06-2012, 11:18 PM
I have added Telstra to the manufacturers list, so you can upload yourself once you are happy they are working and stable.

Peter.

vex
17-06-2012, 11:53 PM
looks like some people are interested? ok people, ive got it working, just got some bugs to work out and then i will post.

vex
19-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Its working pretty good, but i have some issues with SA Digital FTA channels can anyone from SA confirm,

ch ABC2 tivo guide is 1/2 hr ahead
ch GO tivo guide is 1/2 hr ahead
ch UKTV tivo guide is 1/4 hr ahead (i can live with this)
ch 31 should be ch 44
all other fta channels are on correct time???
there are some missing channels from the SA line up but there crap anyway but i have listed them below.

if this has been addressed in other posts can someone please point me in the right direction so i can have a read.

so the channels the Tbox can get are:

digital FTA channels in SA
CH 1 one
ch 2 abc
ch 3 sbs
ch 7 seven
ch 9 nine
ch 10 ten
ch 11 eleven
ch 12 one SD
ch 21 abc1
ch 22 abc2
ch 23 abc3
ch 24 news channel
ch 30 sbshd
ch 32 sbs2
ch 33 sbs3
ch 34 sbs4
ch 38 sbs radio 1
ch 39 sbs radio 2
ch 44 channel 31
ch 70 7 dig
ch 71 7 dig 1
ch 72 7 dig 2
ch 73 7mate
ch 74 4me
ch 90 gem
ch 94 gold
ch 99 go

cable foxtel channels with signup
ch 101 tv1
ch 103 uktv
ch 108 fox8
ch 112 comedy
ch 116 universal
ch 120 lifestyle you
ch 124 MTV
ch 125 sci-fi
ch 200 abc dig
ch 201 abc jazz
ch 401 showtime premier
ch 403 showcase
ch 411 movie one
ch 412 movie two
ch 504 footy play
ch 506 footy play+2
ch 507 fox sports play
ch 508 espn
ch 509 espn2
ch 511 eurosport
ch 513 fox sports news
ch 516 fueltv
ch 601 sky news australia
ch 608 discovery channel
ch 610 national geographic
ch 612 bbc knowledge
ch 628 nat geo adventure
ch 634 discovery turbo
ch 701 nickelodeon
ch 707 disney channel
ch 713 cartoon network
ch 801 channel V
ch 803 v hits
ch 808 MTV hits
ch 810 MTV clasics

new free channels with tbox
ch 919 bigpond live
ch 920 TVSN
ch 921 expo
ch 970 bigpond movies extra
ch 985 V8
ch 986 NRL TV
ch 987 AFL TV
ch 989 bigpond sport
ch 990 bigpond news
ch 991 bigpond music

Is it possible to get these free channels added to the foxtel cable lineup - (as i said before guide info is not needed -is for manual record only).
i think this is going to do what i need it to do,& i imagine its not for everyone, but as a bigpond customer it is what i needed.
if anyone is interested in this and wants me to post a how-to, let me know and i will.

petestrash
22-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Howto's are always welcome.

We don't have any complaints from SA viewers using FTA with TiVo, so the timing issues are a bit weird.

I'll look at getting the extra foxtel channels added to the lineup.

Pete.