PDA

View Full Version : Updated Guide Data

jaidev
05-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Updated guide data shoud now have working directors and star ratings.

cheers,
Jaidev

zollymonsta
09-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Updated guide data shoud now have working directors and star ratings.

cheers,
Jaidev

Hi Jaidev,

I noticed some stars showing up on the guide ;) Thanks.

There still appears to be no data for TechTV and TBN (which is part of the Saturn lineup).

timmy
10-04-2004, 01:09 AM
there isn't much guide data for saturn, only seems to be a few days at best. maybe that is the problem?

zollymonsta
10-04-2004, 09:12 AM
there isn't much guide data for saturn, only seems to be a few days at best. maybe that is the problem?

Haven't seen any at all in fact ;)

TechTV (Saturn Only)
DT (Discovery Travel and Adventure - Saturn Only) - No Data
TVSN (Saturn Channel 36 - Same data as Sky)
TBN (Saturn Only)

Channel 61 (Chilli), 63 (Scan) are showing SBO movie titles, but I gather this is as the Sky channels have SBO Movies on these.

Sky News Australia and UKTV have no data.. They have before, so probably Sky hadn't put all of the data into their website when the slice was created.

Have taken a look at Saturns website for Tech TV, DT and TBN...

TechTV - Has data on there up to and including Sat 17th April
DT - Has data on there up to and including Sat 17th April
TBN - Has data on there up to and including Sat 17th April

Just not sure if its a problem at the slice end or at my TiVo.

Do you think we should add Maori TV as well? I'm not fussed ;)

ZollyMonsta

timmy
10-04-2004, 09:40 AM
well seeing as your the only one i know of using saturn its no wonder we didn't get it right first time. ok, when i checked DT channel there was no data hence its not being grabbed, tho if you want it let me know.

> Channel 61 (Chilli), 63 (Scan) are showing SBO movie titles, but I gather this is as the Sky channels have SBO Movies on these.

Sorry, will fix this. Problem was we kept the same channel ID's. I'll fix this on the add-all-saturn-channels file but if you want to get rid of them you'll need to reset up.

> Sky News Australia and UKTV have no data.. They have before, so probably Sky hadn't put all of the data into their website when the slice was created.

Should be sweet... Jaidev can have a look at that. working on making the grabber redownload new data. this was an issue a few weeks back. will get it resolved..

> TechTV - Has data on there up to and including Sat 17th April
> DT - Has data on there up to and including Sat 17th April
> TBN - Has data on there up to and including Sat 17th April

> Just not sure if its a problem at the slice end or at my TiVo.

Then thats a problem.

> Do you think we should add Maori TV as well? I'm not fussed

not fussed either but the channel is being grabbed so whatever..

timmy
10-04-2004, 09:43 AM
actually u can just manually change the station ID's for those conflicting channels, eg chilli which has the same station ID as SBO1. ie 7998061
u can just delete that channel and add-whole-channel with a new stationID tho we haven't decided on new station ID's but it doesn't matter cause there wont be any guide data for them anyway.

zollymonsta
10-04-2004, 12:18 PM
actually u can just manually change the station ID's for those conflicting channels, eg chilli which has the same station ID as SBO1. ie 7998061
u can just delete that channel and add-whole-channel with a new stationID tho we haven't decided on new station ID's but it doesn't matter cause there wont be any guide data for them anyway.

Yep, that will be one of my next tasks. :)

So I'll just need to change the station id, for example

7998061 to 7998500?

What does the Tivo look at to know which data to use from the slice?, the actual station id or the short channel name?

ehintz
10-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Regarding deleting and adding... Make sure when you delete a channel, you don't have any shows in now playing from said channel. It will allow you to delete, but you won't be able to add another, since that channel number will still be inside the little bugger(I learned this the hard way when getting Disney to work last Jan or so, spent well over a day fighting the little bugger before I figured out it was the saved shows doing me in). I don't know if you also need to nuke any season passes linked to that channel, but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea.