PDA

View Full Version : Lost Audio

tonys
06-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Having moved house, my TiVo has been left idle for a few weeks, got it reconnected, different sky decoder, but still Pace, all is working ok, except I have no audio! TiVo effect noises are working, audio works on old recordings from before the move, but no audio on viewing live TV. Haven't rerun GS, as nothing's changed, video is connected through S video port , tivo is changing channels on STB fine. TV is a basic, unmodified series 1 US unit. Any ideas?

Skolink
07-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Is the new Sky unit muted or the volume down very low? It could be set to digital audio out rather than analog perhaps? I presume you have tried plugging the Sky audio directly into your TV (bypassing the TiVo) to confirm the Sky box is actually producing sound.

tonys
07-09-2011, 10:01 AM
yep, tried connecting stb direct to tv and audio is working fine, so TiVo is receiving an audio signal, but not processing/outputting!

petestrash
07-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Have you tried rebooting the TiVo?

Peter

tonys
07-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Got my daughter to.try at lunchtime, audio now working fine. Was just waiting to get home to web access so I could post good news! Cheers!

petestrash
07-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Glad to hear it's nothing serious.

Peter.

Annieliese
15-05-2018, 10:42 PM
This happens to me alot with my TiVo- it loses sound! It has always come back before after rebooting but today I have rebooted twice, after unplugging for a while then replugging. I have come back from a holiday to be greeted with- no sound again. As rebooting has not worked, what else can I try? I have also pulled out and replugged in the antenna and the other connecting audio/video cable. It is set on 30 so it is not muted. The TV itself and my Fetch box both have audio ok- but not TiVo! Can anyone help me? I am a very non techo 67 year old woman so technical instructions don't help me. I live alone with no techo male here to help me. Help!

Doni74
23-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Having moved house, my TiVo has been left idle for a few weeks, got it reconnected, different sky decoder, but still Pace, all is working ok, except I have no audio! TiVo effect noises are working, audio works on old recordings from before the move, but no audio on viewing live TV. Haven't rerun GS, as nothing's changed, video is connected through S video port , tivo is changing channels on STB fine. TV is a basic, unmodified series 1 US unit. Any ideas?

Check your signal quality. Does this happen on all channels? I saw this before on some of the channels with High definition audio.

Islander
23-05-2018, 04:00 PM
Please note: This thread is very old and is originally about Series 1 TiVo as opposed to HDTiVo (Series 3). Annieliese I suggest you re-post your problem, if it is still occurring, as a new thread.

Darren King
24-05-2018, 05:46 PM
I actually have this TiVo and will be beginning diagnosis over the weekend. For completeness I will respond with what is found and try to make the thread more relevant.

Darren King
01-06-2018, 07:02 PM
This one turned out to be a fault with the HDMI section and was successfully repaired and returned.