PDA

View Full Version : Channel Logos

DJC
11-08-2004, 06:41 PM
I saw a post somewhere a while back with New Zealand logos, downloaded them and have the png's.

Has anyone created a [functioning] logo slice for New Zealand from them?

Can't seem to test the attached nzlogos.slice file as have already loaded the logos-67.slice.

waynez
18-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Hey DJC,

I'm happy to have a crack at getting the station logo's working, I have had a look around, but I'm not sure where I should be uploading the slices to, and what I need to do to get them recognised.

If you have a link to something I can read up on, I'd be more than happy to report back and make it easier for everyone.

Cheers

Wayne

waynez
22-08-2004, 08:28 AM
DJC,

after last week when I had the problems getting the guide data etc. I reimaged the disk, and went through the guided setup, however I had forgotten to change the tclient.conf file, and connected to sydney. After having done that I changed the file, GS'd again, and got the guide data back.

However, I had managed to download the channel logos from sydney, so I have managed to add all the logo's to all the channels now, bar a few.

Is there anyway I can save the created file, and logo's to make it available to others?

Wayne

p.s. Thanks to deanm (http://forums.oztivo.net/showpost.php?p=1179&postcount=9) for the logo's :D

DJC
05-09-2004, 09:28 PM
No I don't think so, unless you are into scripting, you may be able to assemble some tricky tcl to do this.

What you probably need to do is get the logos to a compete set of png files then create a slice for the community from them. (See attachments)

Send me a message and I'll give you what I have on this, too much data to post.

There are a couple of really good resources on this ... (ex OzTivo)

http://themurrays.homeip.net/downloads/tivo/logos/
http://www.b-lan.com/tivo/beta/

Read the word doc in the first url, its got a good description of what is needed.

I've used the following ... to create a slice file but have run out of time recently to carry it to conclusion.

logoSlice.pl TV1-s1-p1.png TV1-s1-p1 6400000 nzlogos.slice
logoSlice.pl TV1-s2-p2.png TV1-s2-p2 6400001 nzlogos.slice

logoSlice.pl TV2-s1-p1.png TV2-s1-p1 6400002 nzlogos.slice
logoSlice.pl TV2-s2-p2.png TV2-s2-p2 6400003 nzlogos.slice

logoSlice.pl TV3-s1-p1.png TV3-s1-p1 6400004 nzlogos.slice
logoSlice.pl TV3-s2-p2.png TV3-s2-p2 6400005 nzlogos.slice

logoSlice.pl UKTV-s1-p1.png UKTV-s1-p1 6400006 nzlogos.slice
logoSlice.pl UKTV-s2-p2.png UKTV-s2-p2 6400007 nzlogos.slice

....and so on ....

Once we have a NZ slice we can then just dbload the logos. A trick is that if you name the logos carefully to match the headend you can then use the automatic association function in tivo web's logos section. It works quite well.

Another thing to watch is the palette structure of the logos. They are very specific and tivo seems prettty picky. There is some good information on this on the web. If you download base logos fom somewhere to start with, you will need to ensure the output is tivo'ised before adding to the slice file.

Ideally, it should be possible to push the logo slice up to emulator level with the headend... but thats up to the emulator guys.

waynez
06-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Cheers for that,

I think I have most of the logos, in a properly formed version, that I have managed to test, It would appear that just getting one or two logos up on the Tivo, Tivoweb starts to work with the logos, and it's a piece of cake to add the additional logos, although it is a slow process.

I'm happy to play around with getting all the information together into an organised place and creating a proper script to load it all.

DJC
06-09-2004, 06:45 PM
I recall with the recent issue you got your "bootstrap" logos from the oz emulator.

I set mine up by creating a single logo slice (see file attached) I created file for the free to air channels - TV1-3 & C4. Then going will with tivoweb to get the rest in (as you say a slow process).

This is loaded up by ftping the file to tivo and running a
dbload30.tcl nzftalogos.slice

Then reboot the tivo, not sure why it needs this, it may pick them up over time but this helps the process.

When you go into tivo web and all the channels show up with no logos associated.

You then click on 'automatically associate logos' and it will associate them automatically becuase in the slice they are named to match the headend.

There is no need for any tricky scripts and so on, just a simple loading of the logo slice. The trick is to create a slice with all the channel logos, and have them named correctly to automatically associate.

waynez
06-09-2004, 07:59 PM
That worked. I did create a slice, but that didn't work, must have had the names wrong cause it didn't show up.

I'll keep trying....

deanm
07-09-2004, 05:51 AM
Will finish the intitial set of logos i posted a while back.. there are a few colour tweaks to be done.. will hopefully be finished by the weekend and I'll post the results. :cool:

DJC
07-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Will finish the intitial set of logos i posted a while back.. there are a few colour tweaks to be done.. will hopefully be finished by the weekend and I'll post the results. :cool:

Excellent, good stuff. I am pretty sure your original logos will slice ok... so with a complete set the slice for NZ could be completed.

Shane
29-11-2004, 10:37 AM
No I don't think so, unless you are into scripting, you may be able to assemble some tricky tcl to do this.

What you probably need to do is get the logos to a compete set of png files then create a slice for the community from them. (See attachments)

Send me a message and I'll give you what I have on this, too much data to post.

There are a couple of really good resources on this ... (ex OzTivo)

http://themurrays.homeip.net/downloads/tivo/logos/
http://www.b-lan.com/tivo/beta/

Read the word doc in the first url, its got a good description of what is needed.

I've used the following ... to create a slice file but have run out of time recently to carry it to conclusion.

logoSlice.pl TV1-s1-p1.png TV1-s1-p1 6400000 nzlogos.slice
logoSlice.pl TV1-s2-p2.png TV1-s2-p2 6400001 nzlogos.slice

logoSlice.pl TV2-s1-p1.png TV2-s1-p1 6400002 nzlogos.slice
logoSlice.pl TV2-s2-p2.png TV2-s2-p2 6400003 nzlogos.slice

logoSlice.pl TV3-s1-p1.png TV3-s1-p1 6400004 nzlogos.slice
logoSlice.pl TV3-s2-p2.png TV3-s2-p2 6400005 nzlogos.slice

logoSlice.pl UKTV-s1-p1.png UKTV-s1-p1 6400006 nzlogos.slice
logoSlice.pl UKTV-s2-p2.png UKTV-s2-p2 6400007 nzlogos.slice

....and so on ....

Once we have a NZ slice we can then just dbload the logos. A trick is that if you name the logos carefully to match the headend you can then use the automatic association function in tivo web's logos section. It works quite well.

Another thing to watch is the palette structure of the logos. They are very specific and tivo seems prettty picky. There is some good information on this on the web. If you download base logos fom somewhere to start with, you will need to ensure the output is tivo'ised before adding to the slice file.

Ideally, it should be possible to push the logo slice up to emulator level with the headend... but thats up to the emulator guys.

I tried this and at all semed to go error free but i can not see the logos in the web interface. im not sure what to try next. How do i delete them from the database and start again ?