PDA

View Full Version : Green Flashing light

POP0404
09-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi all, please bear with me as I am a newbe.

I purchased a new TiVo two weeks ago, ran the set up and all was working fine. I took up the offer for the 1 terra bite expander which arrived last night. On setting up the expander (following the directions) all I got was the green power light rapidly flashing on the front of the unit, no picture on the TV nor would the wireless connector light up. I tried disconecting the expander with the same problem thing happening. I checked the connections, changed power board, re set up, tried turning off and on (after removing power cord etc) a number of times, but no result. All I get is a powering up noise from the Tivo and the rapidly flashing green light.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
POP0404

petestrash
09-09-2010, 10:44 PM
It does not sound very promising.

Have you tried leaving the TiVo unplugged for a few minutes, then restarting?

Peter.

POP0404
10-09-2010, 10:27 AM
It does not sound very promising.

Have you tried leaving the TiVo unplugged for a few minutes, then restarting?

Peter.

Peter,

Thanks for the information.

I left the TiVo unplugged all day yesterday (from the back of the unit) and tried restarting when I got home. This time no lights at all just a blank front panel. No signal to TV.

I also tried using the Yellow AV cable from the TiVo to the TV, again blank front panel on the TiVo unit and no signal to the TV.

Any thoughts? I'm starting to think the TiVo may be dead.

Regards,
POP0404

petestrash
10-09-2010, 10:44 AM
The TiVo does not need any cables other than power for it to start up correctly.

So unfortunately it does sound like it has died.

Peter.

Darren King
10-09-2010, 09:34 PM
You mention in your first post that you had "changed the power board". By that I am assuming you have a secondary TiVo at your disposal and have swapped power supplies inside the TiVo? If this is correct have you tried this again since the TiVo has completely failed?

petestrash
11-09-2010, 09:56 AM
I think he means the usual cheap power board that converts a single power outlet to 4 or more outlets.

Peter.

Darren King
11-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Ah, gotcha. Thanks :)

POP0404
13-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Ah, gotcha. Thanks :)

That is correct, just one of the surge protection, plug in multi point power boards.

POP0404

Darren King
13-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

Sounds like the TiVo is in need of some attention ;)