PDA

View Full Version : Duplication in Prime Listings

Islander
31-07-2010, 07:54 AM
I have noticed that programs in the TiVoweb guide for Prime that shows that are on in the evening are duplicated 12 hours later. ie. New Tricks on Monday 8:30pm also appears on Tuesday morning.
If the guide is checked on screen the duplications do not appear but if a season pass is set for New Tricks the TiVo will record one on Monday night and another on Tuesday morning (which is actually infomercials).

One other oddity is that when the 'second showing' of a program is broadcast the guide on screen shows the 'false' name (Swat USA) of the program on the left hand side of the screen but the actual program name on the right hand side of the table (Home Shopping).

This occurs on other shows as well with the ones I have noticed being in the 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm time slots.
I have this problem on 2 TiVos. One is on postcode 2112 (AK FTA and Freeview) and the other 2121 (AK FTA).

Has anyone else noticed this / got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Islander
15-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I have just looked at the listings for this evening (Sunday) and there is Sunday morning religious programs mixed in with the evenings programs.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Skolink
16-08-2010, 08:08 AM
I'll have a look when I get home. We don't watch Prime very often so haven't noticed the duplications. Might have to get JP or one of other maintenance crew to have a look.

Skolink
17-08-2010, 07:07 AM
The listings were even weirder that Islander described. Some programs (eg Late Show with Letterman, Crowd Goes Wild) was repeated every 4-5 hours at least 3 or 4 times.
Will email the dev team to see if they are aware of it. Might be related to where the data is scraped from.

Wibble
17-08-2010, 05:20 PM
The listings were even weirder that Islander described. Some programs (eg Late Show with Letterman, Crowd Goes Wild) was repeated every 4-5 hours at least 3 or 4 times.

There's been some issue with the slices for the past 3 days , we noticed yesterday.
I think the issue has been resolved, we'll find once the current slice get loaded.

divxmaster
05-09-2010, 05:02 PM
these problems still exist on Prime tonight (5 Sept). any ideas to fix them?

divxmaster
12-09-2010, 07:44 AM
anyone????

Skolink
13-09-2010, 08:21 PM
It's being looked in to...

divxmaster
18-09-2010, 01:41 PM
ok, thx. Although now top gear has finished in that slot, its not as urgent!

Islander
11-12-2010, 09:03 AM
The original problem still exists on my TiVos.
Has there been any progress or is now a problem at my end?

Thanks in advance

dieterm
14-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Yep, have noticed this for quite a while, usually on Friday evening shows duplicating on Saturday morning, usually in the middlle of the religous / home shopping times. Bit un-nerving when you have season passes recording home shopping... I note that the show descriptions are somewhat garbled as well - not the full synposis as compared with the correct time slots.

Skolink
15-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Looks to me like something to do with where the data is scraped from. The server maintenance guys didn't come back with anything last time I emailed them. Not sure if they watch the forums.

Skolink
08-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Prime listings seem to be correct these days, but I don't look at them often. Can anyone confirm whether or not they are generally correct now?

dieterm
11-07-2011, 06:38 AM
Hi There,

For the most part they seem to be OK, except for the sports listings that are on late Friday/Sat and Sunday nights. eg Saturday night was mixed up between the Netball and the Super 15 finals - I had to do a manual record for the Super15 from 11:59 sat to 02:00 am. It was still listed as Netball, with 2 start times for the netball 11:35 and 11:40 - or similar. This seems to be consistent around the weekends at this time. Not a major, just something to watchout for.

Cheers
Dieter

paulw
29-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Just a question as this is a NZ TV Guide section. Where are you getting your Prime TiVo guides from as they are not listed here in NZ as sky are a pack of pricks....

petestrash
31-07-2011, 05:12 PM
This thread is only for Old Series one TiVo's.

Unfortunately this does not apply to TiVo HD.

Peter.

petestrash
31-07-2011, 05:12 PM
This thread is only for Old Series one TiVo's.

Unfortunately this does not apply to TiVo HD.

Peter.

paulw
05-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanx for the info

dieterm
16-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Found another listing anomaly, I suppose it could be classed as a duplication ,...

There is a NRL game tonight ( Friday 16th Sept), Warriors vs Tigers, at 11:30pm ( checked on Prime TV web site), but the Tivo shows no listing for the NRL game, but in this slot it shows as David Letterman, and Home Shopping.