PDA

View Full Version : avg and tivo

ronb
20-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi All,
First time on the forum,I am having a problem with AVG Internet security 9 (not the free one) and Tivo desktop plus and was wondering if someone has had this problem or could help.
The Tivo desktop has been working OK until I put AVG on the Pc,then Tivo and PC would talk to each other then stop, I get a
Tivo message on the PC saying "Access violation at address 0000000".AVG say they dont think it is AVG even though when I uninstal AVG Tivo desktop work OK.
Before I phone tivo help desk or continue with AVG helpdesk,can ant one offer any assistance.

Regards,
Ron

petestrash
23-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Open up UDP port 5353 and have an exception for "C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe".

Also download and install the latest version of Bonjour straight from Apple's website.

Peter.

ronb
25-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks Peter for your reply,I can access the tivo desktop plus and transfer some content then the communication stops and the tivo and the pc can no longer see each other.when I first turn on the pc they communicate ok then stop,so I am thinking the port and bonjour are ok.
I am having trouble locating the latest bonjour update all I can find on the apple site is bonjour for printers and when I look on the cnet site is a earlier version then I have on my pc.
I am not very pc savvy and having trouble opening UDP Port 5353 on my vista system.

Thanks again
Ron

petestrash
27-04-2010, 11:38 PM
You can find bonjour on Apples website http://www.apple.com/support/bonjour/.

Your port is probably ok, but it would be worth checking on AVG if it allows port 5353 to be used.

Peter.

ronb
28-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Hi Peter,
Thanks again for the advice,I updated Bonjour I think,also AVG support emailed me a diagnostic tool to run and email back to them which I have done and I will try to check if AVG allows port 5353.
Regards,
Ron

ronb
18-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Hi All,
After getting some information from AVG support I got the Tivo and the PC to transfer between each other.I am not very tecko but for those who are and for any other Tivo owner who may come across the same issue I had to open port 5353 and open port 2190 both ways.
Thanks again Peter
Ron

petestrash
18-05-2010, 05:32 PM
OK, good to know that AVG has issues with port 2190 also.

Glad you got it working.

Peter.