PDA

View Full Version : Help in Perth - Mt Lawley

penny1979
14-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Can't work out how to re-connect my Tivo (someone else set it up for me initially).

Have had error messages saying that the network cable was unplugged (it wasn't), now it says cannot connect - I'm not sure whether the problem lies with the Tivo unit or the internet connection. I'm baffled and not good at technology stuff.

If you are available to help that would be much appreciated. Happy to pay for assistance - please quote hourly rate.

petestrash
15-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi Penny,

Can you please specify which TiVo you have, as it may assist others in helping you.

Do you have an old American or English Series 1 TiVo, or one of the "new" (<2 years old) Australian TiVos?

We might be able to help you here if you are willing to give it a go.

If you know, can you tell us what has changed between when it worked and now (did you move house, change modem/router etc).

Perter.

Peter.

penny1979
18-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks for responding. It is a new Tivo, bought 6 months ago. Haven't changed anything from when was working to now. Currently only operates as a DVR (is not receiving signal from modem I think?). Can't get it to 'connect to Tivo service'. Says connection cannot be established. As modem etc has been unchanged that's the reason I'm so confused. Any help much appreciated!

petestrash
23-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Sorry for the late reply, I have been offline for a while.

How is the TiVo connected to your modem? Have you checked the basics like the cables to make sure nothing has come unpluged.

Peter.