PDA

View Full Version : Time issues with Daylight Saving and Guide Time

Ray
04-04-2010, 06:48 AM
Daylight saving continues to be my big issue on both my Thompson and Philips TiVo's. I have run through all the suggested fixes I believe (Aucland.zip, postcodes, etc) but end up with both of them showing the correct time but the guide being an hour out. Both are set to 02113 postcode, DaylightSavingsPolicy=0, Timezone=0

Question is - should I now be on Daylight savings to get the guide time correct?

Islander
04-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Have you tried a daily call (use the tivoweb Phone method). All of mine came right by doing this.

Ray
04-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Yes did that on both

Wibble
05-04-2010, 08:55 AM
If a plain daily call doesn't do it, do a daily call followed by a reboot.

Ray
06-04-2010, 05:55 AM
Once the forced daily calls had completed on both I rebooted after re-setting the times an hour ahead. Seemingly had no effect but I did notice about 6 hours later the guide was ok so then had to put the times right using settime. Perhaps it was still compiling the data? Though usually when it is doing this it stops me making another call. Both had made their initial daily calls after 3am, perhaps they just got confused!

One thing I did note was that ntpdate -b -v 210.48.107.133 on the Philips ran ok, but on the Thompson it hangs after giving the time. I've just reloaded ntpdate.zip from http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?1539-Time-an-hour-out and now seems to be ok. Could this have been part of the problem with wrong time after the UK time change a couple of weeks ago?

Hopefully I am sorted - until the next time change!