PDA

View Full Version : TiVoHD fast forward bug

Skolink
04-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Has anyone else noticed a bug where when you press FF for the third time (to go full speed), it jumps to the end of the recording? It has happened a few times, and mostly seems to happen while the show being watched is still recording.
We have never seen this behaviour on the Series1 in 5 years.
I haven't contacted TiVo support yet.

Lurker
04-03-2010, 09:49 AM
I havent had that happen but I have noticed that rewind seems to be jerky

MrGadget
08-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Nope - no issues at my end either....

MrGadget
09-04-2010, 04:16 PM
I take that back - happened a couple of times now. Doesn't just seem to be just on the third FF - had it on two...

Islander
10-04-2010, 10:41 AM
One thing I have noticed is that FF (and REW) are virtually useless when playing back recorded radio channels.

Skolink
12-04-2010, 08:23 PM
I take that back - happened a couple of times now. Doesn't just seem to be just on the third FF - had it on two...

Glad to hear it's not just us. Have finally submitted a bug report to them.

MrGadget
14-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Glad to hear it's not just us. Have finally submitted a bug report to them.

Ha ha - good luck with that - I've been chasing them on an issue for over a week and can't get anyone for call me back despite many promises...
sigh

CheshireCat
21-04-2010, 02:16 PM
It's been some time since I last checked the forum....

This bug has affected me, too -- also, when fast-forwarding through a large amount of time, I have seen it skip to the end when it passes a 'tick'. It doesn't do this every time, though. Hope this can be solved in a forthcoming update.

petestrash
23-04-2010, 10:32 PM
I have also seen this bug a few times and for me anyway, appears to only appear when 3xFFW is used for a while on shows currently being recorded.

Peter.

CheshireCat
24-04-2010, 05:40 AM
You're quite right it was when 3xFF was going -- I cant remember checking if the shows in question were being recorded at the time but its quite likely they were. I'll have to test this out, wonder if it is a bug in the software or a deliberate feature?

MrGadget
24-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Disagree slightly - I've seen it on 2xFF, but I do believe it has been during the news (which is usually being recorded while I watch...)

petestrash
24-04-2010, 10:36 AM
It certainly could occur on other FFW speeds, but I only use 3x for Ad's etc.

The only thing that seems certain is that it only occurs if catching up with a show while it is still being recorded.

I don't see it enough to be concerned about it.

Peter.

Skolink
29-04-2010, 06:05 AM
We have also seen it during a show also previously recorded.
I am beginning to wonder if it is the S3 remote, as the other day it sent a button which definitely had not been pressed. I guess that could still be a bug on the TiVoHD.

petestrash
30-04-2010, 12:16 AM
I don't know of anyone else who has had it occur on a previously recorded show.

Is it possible that the show was recording when you started to watch it, but had completed by the time the bug occurred?

I have a gut feeling that it usually occurs at the point the recording was up to when you started to playback.

Peter.

Skolink
01-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Is it possible that the show was recording when you started to watch it, but had completed by the time the bug occurred?
Yes this is possible

I have a gut feeling that it usually occurs at the point the recording was up to when you started to playback.
It nearly always occurs towards the end of the show, say 3/4 of the way through.

Skolink
02-05-2010, 06:00 PM
After consulting the wife I can confirm this bug also occurs on pre-recorded shows. Also it is not the remote at fault, as it happens after a few seconds of fastforwarding.
I never got a response from TiVo support regarding this.

MrGadget
09-05-2010, 01:37 PM
I ran into it the other day, so rewound past that point and it did the same thing again... and again...
Seemed to hit one part of the recorded video then jump everytime.

petestrash
09-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Good to know it is on the recording itself and can be repeated.

If it bugs you contact TiVo support, if enough people complain it might get fixed.

Peter.

Skolink
19-05-2010, 06:17 PM
It can't always be repeated.
Also TiVo support sent me a reply today, only a month later!

There is no known bug in the remote controls as far as we are aware.
Are you still experiencing the same issue?

petestrash
19-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Maybe point them to this forum if they would like to speak to others who have the same issues.

Peter.

MrGadget
21-05-2010, 04:11 PM
If it bugs you contact TiVo support, if enough people complain it might get fixed.

I've just spent a month dealing with Telecom support with a faulty Tivo - it's simply not worth it.
I had to log a formal complaint to actually get someone to actually do something...

I don't want to go near their support service ever again if I can help it.