PDA

View Full Version : Getting new channels

PhilSchubert
09-01-2010, 09:37 AM
I've not had any luck getting 7Two on my Tivo since it started in Canberra last month. It ought to be channel 62 here in the ACT and I can get it through the STB.

I seem to be missing it in the channel lineup as an option. I've just upgraded to version 1.6 (apparently 1.3 is old hat!) and ran a few daily calls and done a few resets to no avail. I previously ran guided setup again while on 1.3 and didn't have any luck. I'm not keen to run it again as it mucked up my Ir codes.

My stepdad says he received an email from Tivo to say 7Two was now available but if that was part of having 1.6 I would have missed it.

Any thoughts on how to force Tivo to recognise the new channel?

petestrash
10-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Just to be a little bit clearer...

1. You have a Series One TiVo runing OzTiVo 1.6, and your Dad has a TiVo HD.
2. If you press 6 2 on your TiVo remote you can see 7TWO, but you are not able to select it in the channels you receive.
3. Which ACT lineup did you select when you ran Guided Setup.

Peter.

PhilSchubert
11-01-2010, 10:32 PM
This might all become moot as I'm now experiencing Green Screen of Death after trying to fix the start-up animation, so a re-image is looking likely, but to answer your questions:

1. Both myself and dad have series 1 Tivos with version 1.6. Mine is a Sony, his is a Philips. I'm not sure what he was describing by a Tivo email.
2. I meant that I can get ch 62 directly through the STB with its own remove. I haven't tried to get it by pressing 62 on the Tivo remote though.
3. ACTFTA.

petestrash
12-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Ok,

The only times I have heard of someone getting the GSOD after fixing the opening video is if they made a mistake when entering the file number and used 1506 which is the object number, not 1507 which is the correct file number (unfortunately they are very similar).

There is no easy way to fix the system if this occurs, other than re-imaging.

When you redo guided setup make sure you select Digital FTA.

I'll get 62 added shortly.

Peter.

PhilSchubert
12-01-2010, 07:18 AM
I think I used 1592 from memory, which was the number on the MFS page the Sony apparently uses but it seems to have been a bit fatal.

petestrash
12-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I think you may have made the same type of mistake on the Sony image.

The correct file number is usually 1593 (the object number is 1592).

Peter.

PhilSchubert
14-01-2010, 06:55 AM
I'll get 62 added shortly.

Grand, I've reimaged and all and still no luck at 62. Will it just add automatically?

petestrash
14-01-2010, 03:41 PM
No, I need to do it manually.

But the file I need to access has been locked by another admin who is currently away...

Peter.

petestrash
19-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Ok, 62 should have been added and should appear on your TiVo after the next call.

Let me know either way.

Peter.