PDA

View Full Version : trouble changing brightness, colour, contrast etc..

elarbee
28-07-2004, 12:26 AM
Hi Guys and Gals

I got my tivo going, it rocks but Im still trying to fine tune it.

Im using a series 1 phillips US tivo with the latest oztivo image (3.0)

So, i telnet into my beloved tivo using putty. I type palmod_config then option 2 ( AV Settings ) which leads me to a second menu with options for changing brightness, contrast etc. The only option that allows me to change it is 4 ( screen width )

When I try to choose another option for picture quality it just spits me back to the menu. But for a brief half a second I can see a single line of code witch I think is the setting I want to play with, just before Im spat back out to the menu! :eek:

Any ideas? Is this a limitation of the oztivo image or palmod?

Thanks in advance :D

DavidSymons
28-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Hi elarbee,

Does this still happen after rebooting the TiVo?

Cheers, Dave.

elarbee
29-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Hi Dave

Yep. After I finished Maintenence Mode to fine tune things and set it up I had to reboot a couple times to get back into normal boot up.

But since then, I've rebooted via telnet and via the remote control using the tivo menu.

I actually found these settings when I was changing the pixel ratio to suit my wide screen TV. There's quite a lot of colour bleeding so I thought I'd fiddle with the settings to see if I could improve it. So the pixel ratio menu worked, but the other options dont? eh?

I kind of assumed that maybe this was just part and parcel of a palmod tivo ( kind of like the tivo menu option to go through guided setup again which just returns us the tivo menu )

Hope that makes sense..

:)

elarbee
LiamBrobst

mobelby
29-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Elarbee

When you choose brightness under the palmod av settings, it will come back with a number for the current brightness setting eg 125. At this point you enter a new number, say 95 and it then tells you that brightness is now 95 and takes you back to the previous menu. Then you exit palmod, reboot and the new settings should be in place.

If not, something is not working

M

elarbee
30-07-2004, 11:01 AM
Elarbee

When you choose brightness under the palmod av settings, it will come back with a number for the current brightness setting eg 125. At this point you enter a new number, say 95 and it then tells you that brightness is now 95 and takes you back to the previous menu. Then you exit palmod, reboot and the new settings should be in place.

If not, something is not working

M

thanks mobelby

something is not working :(

When I choose any setting such as brightness I can see that line with the setting number, but it only flashes for a brief second ( like 1/2 second ) and sometimes it flashes so quickly I cant even read it. Then I get spat back to the previous menu. And I've made sure I'm not pressing any keys or anything.

Im using PuTTy on windows xp professional if it matters.

Is there a way to 'pause' that screen when I see it?

clyne
30-07-2004, 09:10 PM
This is just a setting in Putty, Goto connection,Telnet (down the left hand side) and take the tick out of the box-Return key sends telnet new line-

Dale.

elarbee
30-07-2004, 10:40 PM
This is just a setting in Putty, Goto connection,Telnet (down the left hand side) and take the tick out of the box-Return key sends telnet new line-

Dale.

woo hoo! thanks everyone for the help! :)

ive unticked that option clyne and you're right, it works perfect now!! yay!!

thanks again, another problem fixed by a simple tick box :rolleyes: