PDA

View Full Version : Need help.

harrruss
25-08-2009, 05:50 PM
I just brought a Tivo, and I don't like the fact that the blockbusters menu is not up there not is the radio menu.

I want to know how the hell do I set up the Tivo to get all its features?
I brought this for 600$ from dicksmith and man so far it feels like a waste.

Please help
Software Version is 8.2a 01-2-663
platform series3

TiVoToGo: i,i,i
Tivo Active: 1: New, see www.tivo.com.au/activate.

I have no idea what that means.

Can you help!

Also I am on a mac computer don't own PC, am i still able to sync my music with tivo?

Darren King
25-08-2009, 07:01 PM
The TiVo will need to get the latest software. Factory fresh out of the box they do not have the latest updates.

Please complete Guided Setup (sounds like you have) and then after this has completed go to the "Messages and Settings" -> "Settings" -> "Network" menu and then connect with the TiVo service. You may need to do this twice but you will know you are getting a software update as it will take quite a while (some say a couple of hours).

After this has completed then reboot the TiVo.

Usually software updating happens automatically sometime overnight but given you seem to be wanting the features here and now please follow the above procedure.

harrruss
26-08-2009, 01:33 PM
I did what you said, and I get an error, saying that i have to wait till 2am?

Is there something wrong here, or away to bypass this.
Cheers

Darren King
26-08-2009, 03:54 PM
That's usually when the TiVo makes it's own way to do automatic updates. Not being someone "inside" TiVo (as in an employee) I cannot say why it would not let you do another connection at any time.

What have the official help desk said on the matter? Have you approached them?

petestrash
26-08-2009, 10:23 PM
You must restart the TiVo. For the update to be installed. It will do it automatically at 2am, or you can do it manually yourself if you don't want to wait.

Peter.