PDA

View Full Version : Cachecard network problem?

gadgetguy
02-07-2009, 08:44 AM
I have just had my drive reimaged with the latest OzTivo software (many thanks to Darren King) but I now have an issue with my cachecard/network.

It was previously set up with a static IP on a 192.168.0.x network. My current router has DHCP set up on 192.168.1.x. When I boot the TiVo to maintenance mode I can't see it listed as a device in the router 'connected devices' page.

Does the OzTiVo image override any previous network settings and force it to get an address by DHCP? i.e. is there any chance it is still trying to use the original static IP address?

I also opened the case and there is only one LED lit (power?) on the network port of the card. Does the port have a LINK LED? If so then I suspect the card may have expired since I last used it in the UK.

Oh and I'm not using it with any RAM, its purely as a network adapter.

Darren King
02-07-2009, 12:40 PM
No there is nothing wrong with your network card.

As already replied to in an identical email you sent me to your question above, I set for Turbonet and DHCP as I was not told of the requirement for cachecard, sorry :(

gadgetguy
02-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Yes, I realise now I should have specified my hardware. Sorry for the duplication - I wasn't sure how often you monitored the board and initially suspected a hardware problem was more likely.