PDA

View Full Version : Daily call failing

ianjf2000
28-05-2009, 08:00 PM
I had a look tonight - and have no guide data. I tried a daily call and it failed - number unavailable.

I then looked at the network and see the Tivo not coming up at all on the network? Could this be related to the green screen of death i had last week and it about about to give up? Is it time for a reinstall? Thanks.

dieterm
28-05-2009, 10:43 PM
I had a look tonight - and have no guide data. I tried a daily call and it failed - number unavailable.

I then looked at the network and see the Tivo not coming up at all on the network? Could this be related to the green screen of death i had last week and it about about to give up? Is it time for a reinstall? Thanks.

Daily call OK, ( now @ 12:45am) just no guide data.
I think you have something more serious :eek:

I only had green screen once. Just a case of off then on, and leaving it overnight to sort it's stuff out. but if consistent, time for a re-install methinks.

ianjf2000
29-05-2009, 10:47 AM
I think i need to re-image the drive.

I had a green screen last week - and since then the Tivo has not been the same.

In some ways it's a shame - I have a 750GB drive with some great films on there - but I also have a whole season of Dawsons Creek from 2 years ago - which the wife put there - so it's bye bye!

dieterm
29-05-2009, 11:49 AM
In some ways it's a shame - I have a 750GB drive with some great films on there - but I also have a whole season of Dawsons Creek from 2 years ago - which the wife put there - so it's bye bye!

Can you Telnet to your Tivo, irrespective of what the TV screen displays ? If so, you can copy the files off your Tivo to your PC using TyTool. Once restored, you can copy them back (haven't tried that aspect yet myself). Alternatively, convert to MPEG/AVI, and plonk onto a DVD when you are ready to view. Or watch on the PC screen. I watch quite a few shows (typically fishing shows) on the PC whilst I'm doing other things on the PC. Shows that don't require 100% attention....

ianjf2000
29-05-2009, 04:55 PM
This is strange - I have just rebooted and now my Tivo is running and networking too! I can see it using Tivo Web Plus - so that's great.

I'm trying to force a daily call though and it's coming up as failed. Any ideas?

dieterm
29-05-2009, 07:30 PM
2 out of 3 aint bad !
Sure you are not in maintenance mode ? tried a restart / reboot ? Not a hard off/on, but a nice ordered shutdown and restart can work wonders.

ianjf2000
30-05-2009, 06:41 AM
did a restart through Tivo Web Plus - made a test call and then made a daily call and hey presto! She's alive.

God bless Tivo - or more importantly god bless oz/nz tivo!

Islander
30-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Ref: http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=2134&page=2 for lack of guide data problem.