PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Mania

Ray
11-04-2009, 07:42 AM
My Philips has taken it into itself to delete all it's programmes, even when I restore them and set them to not be deleted they disappear by the next day. Any thoughts? Seemed to start when the clocks changed, but probably coincidence.

petestrash
12-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Never seen that behavior before...

Unlikely to be related to the DST change unless you did something to your TiVo at that time to get DST change to work.

It's a very odd behavior.

Have you tried the basic pull the plug wait a bit then turn back on?

Is it deleting them at the same time each day?

Have you looked in the logs to see if there are any pointers as to why it is happening?

Peter.

Ray
14-04-2009, 06:14 AM
Yes I've hopefully done the obvious. Not as if the disk is full either, only a couple of shows I keep permanently. Didn't see anything much in the logs, which one would say if it is deleting a file?

Will do a reimage I suppose.

petestrash
14-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Don't know since I have not seen it before, but I would assume tvlog.

Peter.

Ray
24-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Found the problem, now have egg on face!!

Comes down to having two TiVo's in the same room. They were set up for seperate remotes, but I had to change the remote batteries and seems they went back to the default settings. So while I was happily deleting files from one TiVo which I use for short term recording/storage I was also deleting from the second, which I use for long term storage, at the same time.

petestrash
24-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks for posting back here.

Glad you have solved it.

Peter.