PDA

View Full Version : HD STB recommendations

palin
29-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi guys

I'm looking to make the jump from my Samsung SD STB to a new HD STB so I can watch the new channels that are available (and in particular, watch F1 live rather than on delay). Have perused the DTV forums to see what is popular with those guys, but thought I might ask here also.

At the moment, I'm looking at the Topfield 7010. Has anyone used one of those (or maybe the 7000) with their Tivo, and what do they think? Obviously if there aren't any working IR codes for this box, then I may have to reconsider my decision - that box wasn't listed on the OzTivo IR database.

petestrash
31-12-2008, 03:17 AM
I have just run a new IR slice, so all the codes listed are in the current slice.

Personally I have used olin and hailo HD STB's, they work fine and are usually under $100.

Peter.

palin
31-12-2008, 03:16 PM
thanks for the reply Pete. my in-laws have just bought one of those Topfield units, and it appears to be really good. what i might do is hunt around when i get back from holidays for the ones you suggested, and then see if they'll let me try them out until i find the one i prefer. might try the Topfield as well and see if the codes for the other box listed in the IRDB might work on it as well.