PDA

View Full Version : Philips HDR312 TiVo

Mainline
23-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Hi

I Brought A Philips HDR312 TiVo and i been told i need to convert it from American to australian how do i do this i have no manual so i dont know whats in side it i have connect to the internet via a router

Thank you

Mainline

petestrash
23-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Hi welcome to the forum.

have you clicked on any of the links under the "New to OzTiVo?" title on the right hand side of the front page?

It would probably be worthwhile to start with the one that says "Beginners FAQ. Please start HERE before asking anything! (http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/FAQ/BeginnersFAQ)"...

Peter.

Mainline
23-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi Peter

Thank you for you help i have downloaded boot cd images cd nothing seems to work only thing left is to buy a serial cable do i need a serial cable between my computer and the tivo box while booting up the tivo box i sorry if this a silly Question but the more i read more confused i get i am connecting through AV i am getting the start up page your PTV Reciever is starting please wait a moment
i have been waiting three days

Thanks
Rob Cooke

petestrash
23-11-2008, 02:48 PM
ok, that message only shows until the TiVo finds the hard disk and starts reading the data from it.

Things to check (assuming that you installed the software ok from the CD):

1. the jumper on the HD must be set to master
2. the data cable is fully connected at both the HD and mainboard ends
3. the Power cable for the HD is fully connected at both the HD and mainboard ends
4. can you hear/feel the HD spinning when you turn the TiVo on.

A serial cable is of no use to you at the moment.

Peter.

Mainline
23-11-2008, 03:35 PM
i cannot get software on to HD because there is no connection between tivo and computer how do i do this i have got it connected from Phone Jack to Ethernet on D Link Router what do you mean by Data cable and what does it look like and where does it go on postive the fan turns around but no other noise from HD i thinking of taking it to a computer guy i Know to have a look at the HD is making loading noise i think but still nothing Happens

once again thank you i am getting closer

Rob Cooke

Darren King
23-11-2008, 04:55 PM
i cannot get software on to HD because there is no connection between tivo and computer how do i do this

1. Open TiVo and remove hard disk
2. Put hard disk into a PC
3. Boot TiVo install CD
4. Follow menu items
5. Shut down PC
6. Remove hard disk from PC
7. Reinstall hard disk back into TiVo
8. Turn on TiVo

petestrash
23-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Lol...

Follow these (http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/Install/PrepareTiVoDisk) instructions.

Peter.