PDA

View Full Version : I'll probably be shot.. but moving to Aus with my TIVO! Any ideas?

tatch76
03-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Is it a simple process to change my TIVO to work in Sydney - or will I need to re-image (which I'd really rather avoid!). I'm a bit of a novice so any pointers would be appreciated!

Kris

petestrash
04-11-2008, 02:07 AM
It all depends on what image you are currently running and which TiVo you have.

A few more details would help.

Peter.

tatch76
04-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Last night I upgraded to the latest version of 1.6 - I'm using a Philips from the States. Previous version I was running was 1.4 which I installed a couple years ago.

I had hoped my upgrade to 1.6 would have defaulted everything back to Australia, but I'm afraid that wasn't the case. Guided won't let me finish as area code "002" is not recognised...

Any quick changes that could solve my issue?

Thanks!

petestrash
04-11-2008, 11:24 PM
How did you upgrade?

But chances are all you need to do is a clear and delete everything first.

tatch76
04-11-2008, 11:51 PM
I ran the scripts from the wiki:

cd /tmp
wget http://65.49.60.197/oztivofiles/updates/upgrade_oztivo
# At this point, you can read the upgrade_oztivo file
sh upgrade_oztivo.

I have now found, however, that I can no longer access the TIVO via TWP or Telnet, etc. Not sure if this is related to the upgrade, or the fact that I assigned a static IP afterwards by running the nic_config_tivo script.

I get the Static IP address displayed following a reboot, but can't ping the address or connect to it in any way.

Any hope?

petestrash
06-11-2008, 02:35 AM
Were you running the NZ 1.4 image before you upgraded or the OzTiVo version?

Did you also run the update_oztivo -y command as suggested in the wiki?

Do you have a serial cable for the TiVo so you can connect to it now?

Peter.

tatch76
06-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I was running the 1.4 NZ image, and don't believe I ran the update_oztivo -y - it was about 1 am so I was a bit slow...

I'll try to track down a serial cable if that would help -

petestrash
06-11-2008, 10:05 PM
No worries, the instructions on the OzTiVo site are meant for Australian TiVo's only and those instructions may not apply to OzTiVo based images used in other countries.

I am not sure what NZ customisations you may have had on your image. So it may be a bit of a chore to now find the bits that are broken and get access back to your box.

I think the best thing to do is just start from fresh with the current ISO.

Peter.

Peter.

tatch76
06-11-2008, 10:25 PM
I did regain access tonight, ran the script you referenced, but still get stuck on the guided setup with the "002" area code not recgonised error - any last guesses before scrapping everything?

petestrash
06-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Did you run a clear and delete everything from the menu's?

What is in your /etc/oztivo.conf file, because chances are it may still be set for NZ emulator?

Peter.

tatch76
06-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Didn't run a clear and delete as wife will kill me if I lose all of her LOST episodes!

etc/oztivo.conf is:

# OzTiVo menu configuration settings file
# Please do not edit this file
# Run the nic_config_tivo tool to reconfigure
nic=TurboNet
ip=DHCP
mac=00:0B:AD:87:17:93
timing=3
hostname=oztivo
emulator=www.oztivo.net
emulatorport=9090
netmask=
gateway=
ssid=
wep=
wepkey=

petestrash
06-11-2008, 11:32 PM
There is no way of getting the TiVo working without running a Clear and Delete all.

Each emulator is setup very differently and the TiVo cannot have information from an old emulator in it when making a call.

It's the same just moving between the 2 emulators in New Zealand, if you move to a different emulator you must run a clear and delete all for it to work properly.

Peter.

tatch76
06-11-2008, 11:48 PM
So probably a dumb question, but any way I can save current programs if I run clearanddelete.tcl ?

zaprequest.tcl.gz ?

tatch76
07-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Any chance this could be at the root of my problem?

tclient.conf file:

# This is the default port, it's values come from Addr.itcl not here
#
000:
# Dennis' Emulator
#126::66.23.218.193:80:::
# This is for the server emulator on minnie. Trouble if your ISP blocks HTTP .9
127::210.48.107.133:8000:::

# This uses emuProxy2 to avoid problems with transparent proxy. Thanks Tim!
#127::127.0.0.1:8000:

petestrash
07-11-2008, 01:46 PM
This is stopping you from connecting to the emulator, but it is just as well, because you can still download the shows from your TiVo. There is a good chance once that is changed the mfs will become corrupted by the two emulators.

You can try playing with Zaprequest, but I would not rely on it alone for saving your shows. In the US when zaprequest is used it still calls the same emulator. I have never tried to see what the result would be if used with a different emulator.

Peter.

DOlsen
10-11-2008, 06:21 PM
So probably a dumb question, but any way I can save current programs if I run clearanddelete.tcl ?

zaprequest.tcl.gz ?

I've had good success with mfs_ftp.tar for this.