PDA

View Full Version : Initial Call failing

pjpete
27-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Decided to re-image the Tivo today as it has been doing some weird things in regards to the Thumbs Up/Down. It appears to be recording shows even though ithey have 3 Red thumbs on them.

Anyhoo, re-imaged with 1.6 and the initial call will not complete. It gets to the standard "Failed: Service Unavailable" message which I normally attribute to DNS resolution or firewall blocking the outbound request. Checked both and all ok, it resolves and pings www.oztivo.net to 65.49.60.197, and a wget http://65.49.60.197/index.html request saves the file successfully. (21,528 bytes)

Not sure where to go from here, I am hoping it is a minnie issue and it was just bad timing on my behalf.

tclient.log attached if anyone is able to decipher the problem for me. I do notice a 403 Forbidden error but not sure if that is me or minnie.

Cheers
Pete

Darren King
27-10-2008, 05:05 PM
re-imaged with 1.6 and the initial call will not complete.

You mention 1.6 and not 1.6.2 and if this is indeed correct it is now way out of date as the server has now changed. Ensure you are using the latest image R1.6.2 and ensure it is the June releae of R1.6.2 and not something you downloaded a while ago, even if it also says R1.6.2.

pjpete
27-10-2008, 06:37 PM
You mention 1.6 and not 1.6.2.

And there is the problem solved many thanks Darren. 1.6.2 also solved another annoying issue of the Cachecard screen going black upon startup which caused me to think the TiVo had locked up. It now shows as it is reading/writing/caching.

Appreciate your help.

petestrash
28-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Don't forget to run the update command as there have been changes since the last ISO.

Peter.