PDA

View Full Version : SD Guide Data in HD Channels

AlexW23
21-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Hello, I noticed that guide data never gets filled for HD channels, but the shows i watch are popular shows which show accross both channels, for this reason i was wishing to have media center show the SD guide data for the hd channel

i.e. Channel 90 shows channel 9 data.

How do i go about doing this?

petestrash
22-10-2008, 02:48 AM
Hi, could you please add you location to your profile so I can be more specific if there are issues in your particular area.

We do get limited data for 90, and this should be shown in the guides. The data we are supplied for the HD channels is very similar to that which is used by newspapers to print in their guides. This mainly consists of shows unique to the HD channels.

We are primarily focused on providing data for use in TiVo's. These early TiVo's cannot record in HD quality, so the unique shows are what is important to us.

When we allowed access to XML data for use in other devices, we were asked by the community not to include SD upconverted programing in the HD schedules as it was a waste of drive space.

So we don't really have a solution for you.

You might want to check the MCE forums to see what others are doing, or use iceTV's guide instead.

Peter

AlexW23
22-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Well with the closure of the free*epg stream, there is going to be a greater demand on the oz*tivo service. Would it be possible to get a separate XML feed which includes the sd programming merged into the hd?

petestrash
22-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Not at this stage, even if we decided to change the policy, we do not have the data to fill the gaps.

The main issue for XML at the moment is the huge increase in traffic we are getting due to the imminent ending of free*EPG's feed.

Until now the OzTiVo server has been funded by just one individual. This can no longer be the case due to the load XML users now put on on our system. For XML to continue we will require donations from the community to pay for hosting and bandwidth.

We added a PayPal donation button to some of our sites (http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/TVGuide/WebHome) yesterday, please encourage XML users to donate or we will be forced to discontinue XML feeds like free*EPG had to due to lack of donations to keep there own service running.

Peter.

PS free*EPG used our data, so the HD channels should be the same unless they did some manipulations there end.

petestrash
23-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Just further to this, if we know a program is shown in HD it will have the HD flag set. I think free*EPG used to use this flag to populate the HD channels.

You may want to ask them.

Peter.