PDA

View Full Version : No IP is turbonet broken

ccalabro
06-10-2008, 11:03 PM
my daily call has been failing so I checked the forum and manually entered new IP address in case it was the DNS issue people have talked about.

Anyhow, all of a sudden I can no longer ping to the tivo. I started again from scratch and re-imaged the drive using the latest iso, I am setting a static IP but no joy.

The green light appears on the turbonet card but it would seem like it is not working because there is no IP I can ping. I have tried using DHCP to no avail also.

I am stuck! Is it a turbonet issue (even though the light seems on and there appears to be link activity).

Any help GREATLY appreciated. (otherwise it's being shipped to you Darren ;) )

CC

petestrash
07-10-2008, 01:48 AM
Is the link light on your switch/router on for the TiVo port?

Have you tried a different port or cable? Also check the joiners if you have any as they are known to fail.

Do you have a serial cable for the TiVo?

Peter.

ccalabro
07-10-2008, 07:49 AM

Have you tried a different port or cable? Also check the joiners if you have any as they are known to fail.

Do you have a serial cable for the TiVo?

Peter.

Thanks Peter for the reply. I have tried different cables and the switch sees the tivo. I have also plugged the cable directly to the card. Really strange because I could ping it before I re-imaged so. There is a green light coming off the card that is green when connected.

Unfortunately I dont have a serial cable.

Thanks CC

petestrash
07-10-2008, 05:24 PM
How about the first question?

Peter.

petestrash
07-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Also where are you? you have not added your location to your profile, so we cannot see if it is and Australian or New Zealand image issue.

Peter.

ccalabro
07-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Also where are you? you have not added your location to your profile, so we cannot see if it is and Australian or New Zealand image issue.

Peter.

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply. I am in Brisbane. All the lights seem to be fine on the card inside. I am sure I have done everything correctly in the imaging etc. My initial thought is that it shouldn't be the card but I am stumped.

CC

petestrash
08-10-2008, 01:25 AM
Could you please update your profile to say Brisbane.

You have said three times that the light on the card is on, but I have been asking if the port light on your switch/router which the other end of the cable is plugged into is on :confused:

Peter.

ccalabro
08-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Could you please update your profile to say Brisbane.

You have said three times that the light on the card is on, but I have been asking if the port light on your switch/router which the other end of the cable is plugged into is on :confused:

Peter.

Yes Peter, sorry both lights indicate a connection. (I wasn't aware that one side could without the other anyway, isn't it a loop)

CC

Darren King
08-10-2008, 10:03 AM
No it's not a loop, unless you are talking about 10-baseT which was the old coax networking of yesteryear. With UTP there is a separate pair of transmit and receive wires.

ccalabro
08-10-2008, 11:12 AM
No it's not a loop, unless you are talking about 10-baseT which was the old coax networking of yesteryear. With UTP there is a separate pair of transmit and receive wires.

lean something new... both sides indicate a link, the router shows link activity and the board shows it too.

CC

Brucep
08-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi,

It may be a simple/stupid question....but have you tried the Trickey CLEAR,NUM1,CLEAR on the remote to see if TiVo thinks it has an IP address ?

Also, I know from experience on one unit I had to modify the timings in the turbonet config to get a reliable connection.

Hope that might help.

Regards,

Bruce

petestrash
08-10-2008, 07:04 PM
I don't know if the trickey options will work, as I assume CC is stuck in GS.

But it's worth a try.

Peter.