PDA

View Full Version : Freeview and FTA on Philips with 1.5 Image

finethen
18-09-2008, 08:18 PM
I have got my Thomson running piece of cake, with Freeview via STB and Prime via in built analogue tuner but can't seem to crack it on the Philips machines. :confused: Has anyone done this? What postcode code did you use? I am in Auckland

Islander
19-09-2008, 05:40 AM
I have two Sony SVR 2000s (identical to the Philips) running perfectly on 02112 in Ak.
Both are now on OzTiVo v1.6 but until recently one of them was running NZTiVo 1.5 with FTA and Freeview satellite. I don't remember any problems when I setup the 1.5 (was a year or so ago with the later addition of Sat). However Ref:http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1444 for problems experienced recently when I reloaded both machines with the Oztivo 1.6 image. AFIK the problems experienced in the post above are fixed but you may only find out as I (and others) did when running GS.

finethen
19-09-2008, 06:11 AM
Yup 2112 is one of the codes I have tried, I can't tell from the posts if you are using an onboard tuner or not, I am picking maybe you have dual source independent of the Tivo? Can you remember your selections when doing GS? I have tried many variations and can only get it to fire on single source satellite, all other selections yield the message similiar to no providers for your postcode.

Maybe I should reimage with 1.6?

Islander
19-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Both of my TiVos have PAL tuners. If you are using Oztivo 1.6 be warned about using the update process as this may change the emulator address to a strange setting. ref: http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1816

finethen
20-09-2008, 08:31 AM
I'm picking its a image or data problem as I tried converting it back to 2119 (Sky and Freeview as a single source), on which it had run successfully before and it would only run all Sky or all Freeview. Maybe a reimage is in order.

nicb
04-10-2008, 08:06 PM
ended up re-imaging with the nz 1.5 and got it all back. Except now i do not have the ir codes for the dse (zinwell) freeview STB. If someone out there has cracked these post them please!!