PDA

View Full Version : Missing Guide Data?

MrGadget
19-08-2008, 04:41 PM
May be premature, but I don't see any guide data after Friday which seems odd - and I mean for any channels.
I use Saturn Digital, and the daily call appears fine.
I'll throw this out now as I will be away for the remainder of the week....

Cheers

Skolink
19-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Nothing on our FTA either, other than the news on Three and One

Paula
21-08-2008, 05:59 AM
No updated data so no scheduled recordings working this week! any ideas from anyone?

Muzza
21-08-2008, 05:24 PM
My data runs out on Saturday.

jaidev
21-08-2008, 08:53 PM
We rolled a manual run. we checking Emulator to see what happened.

You can force a phone call or wait for your tivo to update itself for guide data.

Wanted
22-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Got some data now, thanks :)

hh75
31-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Got some data now, thanks :)

Hi - no programme guide data left on my tivo this morning (yes I am old timer on legacy emulator) I forced a manual phone call again - said succeeded after long time but still no guide data - anyone else have problems?

MrGadget
31-08-2008, 02:09 PM
No issue at my end (though I'm on the current emulator). All appears well at present.

hh75
31-08-2008, 02:39 PM
No issue at my end (though I'm on the current emulator). All appears well at present.

thanks for quick response - any idea how I should best troubleshoot to confirm if probelm is at my end or with emulator slice?

petestrash
31-08-2008, 10:20 PM
As a generalisation if you are getting a succeeded message after a daily call (not just a test call), it's not likely a fault your end.

Peter.

Chieftain
08-09-2008, 11:55 AM
TV1 data seems to be all over the place at the moment and also I've noticed a program missing on Prime.

This is on FTA.

Any ideas, please?

hh75
10-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Yes - my guide data FTA is shot too. Trying manual phone call now. Can anyone shed any light on this?

ajharvey
10-09-2008, 07:16 PM
TV1 seems to be missing significant ammounts of guide data - for instance, this Sunday is missing any programmes between about 6am and 8:30pm. Is anyone able to fix this up?

Cheers,
Adrian

[EDIT] I guess this may be related to the forum other thread on missing data - I dunno, I wasn't sure if that was just an old thread, or one someone has ressurected with the current problem...

hh75
12-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Still no guide data - I am on legacy is that the problem?>?

Chieftain
13-09-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't believe so, I think it's widespread.

Isn't it quiet in here?

tonys
15-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Yes, guide data for TV1 is all over the place! Seems like the same problem as a few weeks ago.

Chieftain
16-09-2008, 07:44 PM
An example of what i think is happening: On Sunday night, I checked some programs I have Season passes for Breakfast TV1 had a week's worth of info, Emmerdale TV1 was the same, Coronation ST TV1 had two shows due.
On Monday, Tivo recorded Breakfast and Emmerdale
On Tuesday, Breakfast was not recorded and Season Pass says there are no upcoming episodes. However Emmerdale was recorded and Season pass shows three upcoming episodes. Coronation Street was not recorded and Season pass says there are no upcoming episodes.

So, perhaps Sundays data call was ok but somehow Monday's update lost data for Breakfast and Coronation St but left Emmerdale ok.

I've posted this in the hope that it may help someone get a handle on what's happening.

slipmat
18-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Checked recording history under the todo list. We get a few episodes not recorded "because it was no longer in the program guide".

/var/log/tclient shows successful calls (am I looking in the right place?), but I found a widget in TWP called "Date vs channel grid" (http://tivo/gdchecker/datevschannel) which shows up a whole heap of "gap in data", "day starts late" and "day ends short" mainly affecting TV1 but also Prime, UKTV, FTV, Greats, ESPN, Disney, TeReo, MTV, J2, AltTV and History (prolly others too but we don't subscribe to all Sky channels).

We're using emuProxy2 and the legacy emulator (210.48.107.133:8000), AFAIK we are still supposed to be using this emu in NZ. Is it worth using the new emulator or is that only going to cause problems?

HTH

Matt

petestrash
18-09-2008, 08:44 PM
We're using emuProxy2 and the legacy emulator (210.48.107.133:8000), AFAIK we are still supposed to be using this emu in NZ. Is it worth using the new emulator or is that only going to cause problems

Please read the notes about the emulator change. It only effects Australian TiVo users. DO NOT MOVE THE AUSTRALIAN EMULATOR IF YOU ARE IN NZ. Unfortunately this has been done by others and this may result you requiring to start from scratch.

Australia and New Zealand are run on totally separate emulators and cannot share any information.

I have been told the current issues are from a lack of data into the emulator. There is no problem with your TiVo's or the emulator itself.

Peter.

tonys
24-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Can anything be done about the guide data issue? TV1 and Prime are all over the place! One day it looks like it's all come good, then the next day there's gaps all over again!

petestrash
24-09-2008, 11:33 AM
As I said in the last post the issue is mostly lack of data into the emulator, it's but also lack of time from the people running the NZ emulator to further develop it.

DJC has asked for assistance from people over two years ago (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1031) but never really got any support.

DJC still needs people with mysql & php skills to help.

Peter.

tonys
24-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Guessed that was the case...wish I could help, but my skills end at reimaging I'm afraid!

Chieftain
29-09-2008, 08:39 AM
As I said in the last post the issue is mostly lack of data into the emulator, it's but also lack of time from the people running the NZ emulator to further develop it.

DJC has asked for assistance from people over two years ago (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1031) but never really got any support.

Peter.

Might be seen as a daft question but if there's anything I can do to help, I'm willing. Not terribly able, but still willing. mysql & php mean nothing to me. Is it possible to, for example, be given a "framework" that needs data "replacing or adding"?

Or is there a "For idiots" book that might help me. It just seems to me that things are drifting a bit otherwise.

petestrash
29-09-2008, 01:06 PM
It's probably best to send DJC a PM directly, as he doesn't visit the forums all that often.

Peter.

Chieftain
30-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Corrected time last night for daylight savings, using settime. Inadvertently messed the date up the first time, then corrected it. Time and date is now ok but there is no guide data.

I've made multiple calls and it looks a bit odd when it's downloading data. Didn't look to be bringing much down earlier but on a call I've just made, it showed %age progress as I'd expect but still no data.

Is that a general problem, or something I've done? And, of course, the next question is what to do now, please?

This is on a Thomson set up for FTA.

catdog
30-09-2008, 05:41 PM
I have full data through until next monday, including channels like TV1 which have been causing problems over the last couple of weeks.

Try looking through the tclient.log file for problems as to why it might have failed loading the data?

Chieftain
01-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Lo and behold after many calls and a few reboots, out of the blue it gained data. All the ones I watched seemed to follow the same progress, though it was heartening when it took longer processing the data but at the end still dais "no data" but then at about the time shown for your reply, it decided to pull it's socks up and show some data. Nothing for today (Wednesday) though. I'll check more deeply later.

Thanks for your reply.

jaidev
01-10-2008, 08:22 PM

Peter.

Yes this has been a major constraint for us, the lack of volunteers, pretty much DJC and I have been trying to keep it going relatively stabley over the last 3+ years. The help of Wibble with the emulator and Orac has been excellent as well as Thomson.
Nztivo has been in existence for 5+ yrs
However a community is helped kept going with volunteers which we continue to lose rather than gain.

mpnash
14-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Lo and behold after many calls and a few reboots, out of the blue it gained data. All the ones I watched seemed to follow the same progress, though it was heartening when it took longer processing the data but at the end still dais "no data" but then at about the time shown for your reply, it decided to pull it's socks up and show some data. Nothing for today (Wednesday) though. I'll check more deeply later.

Perhaps you've already ruled this out, but I wonder if your problem is a phone line issue like in this post:

http://forums.oztivo.net/showpost.php?p=13641&postcount=111

Symptoms sound sorta similar, and location at the Mount versus Tairua...

MrGadget
03-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Anyone else missing data after Wednesday this week (5th) ?
Daily calls happening fine, downloaded a little guide data even - just nothing showing pased Wednesday.

Cheers
Neil

David Stott
04-11-2008, 04:31 AM
Me too.

This raises the issue of how the data is updated/created in the first place. I guess I had assumed that there was some clever program somewhere that automatically pulls the data down from the "ether".

If ths is not the case, is the data being created by manpower? If so, then we should all be taking our turns to add the input. I'd be very happy to do my bit if I knew what it was I should do.

David

Wanted
04-11-2008, 05:26 AM
+1 no data after Wednesday. Saturn

MrGadget
04-11-2008, 03:50 PM
And... mines back again...

Islander
04-11-2008, 08:23 PM
After a forced daily call the listings are populated beyond Wednesday (I assume DJC has given the emulator a prod) however my season passes are not marked when I check the To Do list.
Has anyone else noticed this?

petestrash
04-11-2008, 10:27 PM
depends on how you forced a call, but you either just need to wait for indexing or force indexing to speed it up.

Peter.

Wanted
05-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Mine came back between 9:20 and 10:00 last night. I think the last scheduled call was 8:20 so yeah just wait an hour or two and it will sort itself out.

Islander
05-11-2008, 03:19 PM
All is ok now.

Many thanks to all.