PDA

View Full Version : Manual Update Catch-22

scairns
29-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi all,

My existing Tivo is playing up, and not auto down loading guide slices.
Until I set up the new Tivo, I'm propping up the existing unit via the manual loading of guide slices. Seems to be working, but . . . .

I believe the only slices I need are VI03000 & VI03013, and while I (think I) can see all FTA and Foxtel guide info, I can't see ABC2 information.
Should ABC2 info be contained within VI03000, or is there a slice I'm missing?

The Catch-22 refers to the following conundrum:
To initiate a manual d/l process, you are first requested to supply your Tivo's no., which I do as requested.
However, once I do this, I'm informed that my Tivo has not made a call in the last 30 days, and can I please make a call, then go back and try again.
However, I can no longer make calls from this unit, thus catch-22.

Any ideas for a way around this?

Also, can anyone confirm if VI03000 & VI03013 are the only slices I require, for Melbourne FTA (incl. ABC2) and Foxtel?

Thanks for your time.

petestrash
31-08-2008, 03:47 AM
VI03000 is the analog headend, so there are none of the digital channels.

VI03001 is the Digital FTA headend.

Which flavour of Foxtel do you have, Cable or Sat, Digital or Analog (if it still exists?), then I will tell you the correct headend.

Also you could look at your MFS in TWP go to Setup > Source > Headend to see which ones you receive.

Once you know your headends, just download all the slices with the same headend Using these (http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/Guidedata/ManualGuideDataLoadingToTivo) instructions from step 3.

Peter.