PDA

View Full Version : Failed while loading series.' Error on Setup Call

TyKahu
18-08-2008, 11:51 AM
I have come across exactly the same problem as posted almost exactly 1 year ago ( ... that's spooky ...) by Dave Hatt.

http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1614&highlight=loading+series

I have a UK TiVo which I had to re-image because I played with some settings and managed to cause it freeze-up immediately on startup :confused:

I re-imaged it with the same version it had ( ...before I broke it ...) - Dec06 RC1. And now, I can't get past the Setup Call screen because I get the following error message at the 'Importing' step:

Failed while loading series

I have a Freeview STB, and tried lots of combinations of options and always got this error - except for one combination which is

Aerial + Analog Cable, with postcode 2115 (Saturn Analog)

... which would be fine if I wanted to configure for a Saturn/TelstraClear analog STB :rolleyes:

So, any advice gratefully accepted ...

finethen
18-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Just getting "failed while preparing data" whilst re-guiding to 2114 postcode, dont know if the problems are related. Will try 2119

finethen
18-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Update 2119 works fine I had selected satellite not cable

TyKahu
19-08-2008, 11:02 AM
I seem to have solved the problem. I remembered that the last time I had the TiVo working, that I had set the Swap file to be 256Mb rather than the default 127Mb. So I re-imaged with 256Mb swap file last night and GS without a hitch the first time through.

Now attached a sticker to the TiVo with Swap file size, source details, postcode setting, route.tivo info, and dbsetx commands - for getting it up and running the next time I break it :D

petestrash
19-08-2008, 01:37 PM
The number in Mb for the swap file should be half your drives size in Gb.

E.g. 500Gb drive, 250Mb swap.

Having too small a swap will cause trouble, but bigger is ok.

Peter.

NZMarke
26-08-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm still getting that "failed preparing data" message. Have reimaged (twice), set my swap file to 500Mb, and it gets about 6% through then kicks the bucket every time. Have made multiple attempts at it (by running the ClearAndDelete.tcl script in /hack/bin/) and rerunning the Guided Setup.

For a little while it was failing to make a connection at all to ORAC, but then started working again. Even when it does connect though, it still fails the Importing step.

For reference, I'm on a Phillips TiVo, Seagate 250Gb, 1.5 NZTiVo image, using postcode=02113 (for Sky Digital) and area code 002.

Any ideas? Will also post this in the other related thread ...

petestrash
26-08-2008, 04:47 PM
are you selecting cable or satellite? Try using the other one.

Peter.

Islander
26-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I think that that this thread has some similarity to this one: http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1444

petestrash
26-08-2008, 05:13 PM
I'll close this thread to avoid duplication.

All followups to here (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1444).

Peter.