PDA

View Full Version : Help with STB IR

TobyClark
14-08-2008, 07:44 PM
I am struggling to determine the frequency of the controller, does anyone out there have any simple clues? I purchased a Soniq Qmedia QMD500h last weekend and have had no joy in getting it configured to receive any commands from the Tivo.

I have tried 31, 33, 43, 45, 47, 48, 49, 50, 67 through irSliceCreator but have not been able to send anything to the STB to change channels. Anyone got any simple clues or have experience with one of these?

thanks

petestrash
14-08-2008, 08:41 PM
I have had good experience contacting the importers of various STB's before.

Also a lot of the Chinese ones seem to be using 38 at the moment.

Peter.

TobyClark
15-08-2008, 08:30 PM
I have contacted Soniq and they replied to my surprise:
Thank you for purchasing SONIQ products.
I apologize that the frequency and other technical detail of the remote controller cannot be given to public due to company policy.
If you have other questions regarding SONIQ products, please feel free to contact us again.

Regards,
Lambert

Service Department
Quality IT Electronics Pty Ltd
58/170 Forster Road,
Mount Waverley, VIC 3149
Ph: 03 9543 5111
Fax: 03 9548 7174
Email: lfung@qite.com.au
or soniqav@hotmail.com

I will give 38 a try ... otherwise I think I will return the STB. Can you suggest another brand and model that is available and easy to configure at the moment?

thanks
Andrew

petestrash
15-08-2008, 10:06 PM
If 38 doesn't work and you return it, I would suggest looking at the supported boxes in the codes database and buy one of those.

I have just recently changed over to Hi-def STB's to get the extra channels. I use Olin STB's hvbt1800/2000 (under $100), and I'm happy with them. The same codes should also work with the Hailo HDSTB-8000.

Peter.

NetMedic
15-08-2008, 10:22 PM
I concur with PeteTrash's idea. The easiest path is to send it back and get a box with codes you know will work with the tivo.

From personal experience, working with irSliceCreator is like entering a world of pain....

However, if you're interested in spending hours uploading and downloading ir codes, and have heaps of free time, it can be enlightening, although a bit frustrating at times! There are some real IR wizards watching this forum and you will get lots of help if you need it.

Best of luck

Chris
PS if you do send the box back, be sure to let the manufacturers know why. This may help to change their attitude towards their consumers.

TobyClark
21-08-2008, 09:11 PM
It was the next one up in there range, I had seen that the IRdatabase had a Digitel HD1000 so blindly purchased the Digitel HD4000. Of course this does not seem to work either.

Any suggestions , I have now worked my way through JBHi fi range? and all I want to do is get my Tivo back. My wife has given me the ultimatum to have it working b4 the end of the olympics!

thanks

TobyClark
21-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Is there a simple way to see which STB is currently configured and running in Linux. I can't see it anywhere through the web client but I have loaded the Digitel HD 1000 from the IR database and want to make sure that it is running.

Can you see it when I run through the manual setup process through maintenance mode?

thanks

petestrash
21-08-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm not quite sure what you are asking?

I'll assume that you want to know which box you have your TiVo set to use.

if you open TiVoWeb(Plus) and go into the mfs click on setup, then the number next to source. This should your setup, your current STB number is listed next to CableBoxCodeNum.

Note, If you changed cable box numbers from the command line you need to reboot for it to take effect.

If this is not what you are after, please re-phrase the question.

Peter.