PDA

View Full Version : Colour settings on S1 TiVo

palmag
06-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi every one,

Just wondering if there is a way (without running palmod_config) to brighten up the picture colour on my series one TiVo. I have noticed that running foxtel through S-video into the TiVo unit (through s-video also) seems to wash out the colours a little bit, both on live channel viewing and recorded viewing.

If not, then can people tell me what setting they are running they're TiVo's with? as in, brightness,colour and saturation percentages?

I have the S1 TiVo connected to my LCD

many thanks!:)

Darren King
06-08-2008, 11:54 AM
what's wrong with using palmod_config?

palmag
06-08-2008, 12:02 PM
G'day Darren,
nothing's wrong with using it, just wondering if there was an onscreen display so you can see the changes in real time....unless the palmod_config does it without having to reboot each time to see the changes?....pls correct my assumption if i'm wrong :)

Darren King
06-08-2008, 12:21 PM
No, there is no "on screen" settings. If there was then you would not need a palmod_config utility :D

Not sure about colour settings being real time. I know other settings are. Why not give it a try regardless? When it is all said and done it is the only way you can change the settings anyway. (well, not entirely true but the config file you could edit manually is what palmod_config edits for you in a user friendly way)

palmag
06-08-2008, 12:50 PM
no worris Darren...I'll give it a go!

thanks mate.

petestrash
07-08-2008, 02:06 AM
It's fairly irrelevant what settings another person uses as the optimum settings will vary screen to screen and also each persons perception is different.

But in general you will never get the same picture out of an S1 TiVo as you feed in due to the double conversion and other processing. The TiVo's output tends to be softer than the source.

Peter.