PDA

View Full Version : Reimage problem

Phil_C
01-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Hello All
I am trying to re-image my Tivo with the latest image. It boots into knoppix and then says "Can't find Knoppix filesystem." and then says something about a very basic operating system.

Does anyone know what the problem here is? According to the PrepareTiVoDisk guide it should be all automatic up to the installation options appear but I am not getting that far.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Phil

Darren King
01-08-2008, 04:07 PM
I've hear of people having this problem and it has been that a too modern PC is being used. Find something circa 3-5 years ago... no I'm not joking!

Phil_C
01-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Hello Darren
Thanks for that. I have an old Pentium 166 that I will try it on tomorrow.

Regards

Phil

Darren King
01-08-2008, 07:05 PM
That would be perfect I would imagine. I use an old Pentium 2/400 with no problems.

Darren

Phil_C
02-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Hello Darren
Yep that worked fine. The image is now installed. Just a quick question has the latest image been updated to the new guide data server? Guided setup appears to be stuck on the Guide Data Call.

Regards

Phil

petestrash
02-08-2008, 07:55 PM
yes, the server is correct, but may need the port changed to 9090 if you are using TPG or some other problem ISP.

Peter.

gadgetguy
14-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi all, I have just moved to Oz and want to get my UK TiVo converted. I am getting the same error as below i.e. after booting I get "Can't find Knoppix filesystem." I don't have access to an older PC just this one and some laptops. The MD5 of the ISO is correct. Am I stuffed?

Alternatively is there anyone in the Melbourne area who could image a drive for me?

petestrash
14-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Try contacting Darren King (one of the above posts).

I am looking at making a backup image that can be used on PC's that have this issue, but it won't be ready for at least another month.

Peter.

gadgetguy
15-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks Pete. I have emailed Darren.

I can live with waiting a month or so if that doesn't work out. Can you elaborate on what the issue with the current image and newer PC's is?

petestrash
15-06-2009, 03:40 PM
We do not have a test system that fails, so that we are not certain of the cause.

But we believe it is due to some motherboards/chipsets not being fully compatible with the knoppix drivers.

Peter.