PDA

View Full Version : IR codes for Foxtel digital sat receiver

saturn2001
29-07-2008, 07:36 PM
I have one of the new foxtel sat receivers that has no display and the outputs are 2 scart connectors. The model is PACE DS250NF.
Has anyone been able to control this box from the TIVO
Thanks for any help given

Darren King
29-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Have you tried the existing "Foxtel" and "Pace" model codes to see if one of them works?

saturn2001
30-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Yes i tried all of them. One thing that the foxtel installer said was that the foxtel remotes use a high signal or something that is hard for a remote extender to repeat. Not sure about this, i do have the series 1 sony TIVO. It may be ir emitter, not sure if there is such a thing as a amplified emitter.
Thanks.

petestrash
30-07-2008, 06:51 PM
What The installer said is basically true. A lot of IR senders have trouble with Foxtel.

But this doesn't effect TiVo.

It looks like you may need to try and capture the codes yourself.

Peter.

saturn2001
01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
The fixed for my problem was by getting a stereo to mono adaptor and placing it on the end of my emitter and plugging it into the tivo.
The emitter i purchased over a year ago and never could get it to work on a different foxtel box was from the usa which i bought along with the network adaptor card.
Today I bought a video sender at tandy and the emitter in it was mono and worked ok. That was what put me on the ideal of mono vs stereo, went to jaycar and got the adaptor for less than to two dollars.
Now it is working great.
Hope this helps someone if they get a similar problem:D

Darren King
01-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Proper TiVo IR blaster cables have a mono plug on the end. Now you have mentioned about the cable being non-genuine is understandable why it did not work as the signal would not be connecting properly by just plugging it into the TiVo with no adaptor.