PDA

View Full Version : ex Foxtel IQ box - any good for TiVo ?

baz
21-07-2008, 05:56 PM
just a newbue question ...
Can I make use of ex-Foxtel cable IQ box for TiVo ?
Have gone through the list of boxes but have not seen anyone made by Pace.
would appreciate replies

Darren King
21-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Not quite sure what you are asking here. I'm picking one of two:

1.Do you want to hook up the IQ box to a TiVo so the TiVo can record programs from the IQ box, or 2. are you asking if the IQ box itself can be used as a TiVo?

If it is 1 then you will probably have to go through the procedure to capture the IR codes so the TiVo can control the IQ box

If it is 2 then the answer is no, and I didn't know there was such a thing as ex-Foxtel IQ boxes as you are supposed to return them when your subscription expires

baz
22-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Not quite sure what you are asking here. I'm picking one of two:

1.Do you want to hook up the IQ box to a TiVo so the TiVo can record programs from the IQ box, or 2. are you asking if the IQ box itself can be used as a TiVo?

If it is 1 then you will probably have to go through the procedure to capture the IR codes so the TiVo can control the IQ box

If it is 2 then the answer is no, and I didn't know there was such a thing as ex-Foxtel IQ boxes as you are supposed to return them when your subscription expires

thanks, you answered my question.

NetMedic
23-07-2008, 05:56 PM
If you need pronto codes for the IQ box I may be able to get hold of them

Chris

PS May your God be with you if you're trying to capture the codes using the tivo box. I've had nothing but grief trying to do this and I've attempted it several times with the current 1.6.2 image.