PDA

View Full Version : Can't see Video on Channel ABC-NSW, Seven-Syd,Nine-Syd and Ten?

SarlaPatel
20-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Hi

I have just installed new image, June 6th 2008 one (3.0 1.6.2) and selected Sydney FTV Analog,NS and I can not see Vidio on channels ABC, Seven,Nine, and Ten. Guide Data is working fine

I can see Video on channel SBS-NSW and channel 31 , However Audio is missing on this 2 channels...

I am using PAL Tuner for Analog Channel. Previously with Old Image Video and Audio was OK. I have Sony Philips series 1 Tivo and using since 2003.

Any Clue?

Regards

Sarla Patel

petestrash
20-07-2008, 02:11 PM
What to you get from this command.

ls -l /lib/modules/palmod.o

&

ls -l /sbin/palmod_config

Do you know what brand of tuner you are using?

What suburb are you in?

Peter.

SarlaPatel
20-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Hi

My tivo has a Philips Tuner. By default 4th June 2008 Image has a samsung Tuner.

I changed the Tuner by using Image CD and attaching the Tivo Harddsik with compueter and after booting from CD I changed the tuner to Philips form Previuous setting Samsug...and attached with Tivo, All chanels video and audio is there.

Thak you for quick help.

Regards

Sarla Patel

Darren King
20-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Wow you have a rare TiVo there. I only know of about three TiVo's that ever got the original PAL tuner mod done using a Philips type PAL tuner cannibalised from old PC tuner cards, and none of them by me. The other 500 or so out there with PAL tuners fitted have either Samsung or ALPS type PAL tuners and both types use the Samsung commands for controlling the tuner, hence why the install image defaults to "Samsung".

Anyway glad it is sorted.

SarlaPatel
21-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Wow you have a rare TiVo there. I only know of about three TiVo's that ever got the original PAL tuner mod done using a Philips type PAL tuner cannibalised from old PC tuner cards, and none of them by me. The other 500 or so out there with PAL tuners fitted have either Samsung or ALPS type PAL tuners and both types use the Samsung commands for controlling the tuner, hence why the install image defaults to "Samsung".

Anyway glad it is sorted.
Hi Darren/Peter

Actually I got this Philips tuner from WIN PC TV card in year 2003. It was working OK with Old Image and now with new one as well.

Peter, thank you once again for your quick help as it immediately helped me to identify problem and correct it.

Regards

Sarla Kesh Patel
Sydney