PDA

View Full Version : SelectTV Qld TV Guide

aleks85
16-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Hey All,

Long time user, first time poster.

I'm running a Series 1 Sony PVR 200 with the latest oztivo installer (.25) but also have tried .24. Even on the minnie server, and the new one I can't get any new Tv guide info from my Turbonet card for SelectTV in Qld.

Now if I use Austar or Foxtel as the TV guide sources it can pick them up ok. Also if I run guided set up with those first with foxtel, and re-run it using selecttv it'll keep the data from the first guided set up for the 2 week period from the foxtel source and use it for select.

The question is, when I use select, I can't get any new TV guide data, and get an error advising make a daily call, no tv guide data (even with no nag still) on, any ideas on what I can change to get it working with SelectTV?

Cheers
Aleks

petestrash
17-06-2008, 11:47 AM
I'll look into it.

Peter.

petestrash
17-06-2008, 12:37 PM
I can't see what is causing you issues on our end.

The headend is fine and I use Selectv myself.

Are you sure you don't get daily calls failing using foxtel also?

Can you switch back to Selectv, clear your tclient & Otclient logs, then force a daily call and post both logs zipped here.

Peter

aleks85
17-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey Peter,

Thanks heaps for your help.

I'm still a little stumped as to the cause.

In regards to troubleshooting. What I have done is:
1) Format the HDD using the CD (so a fresh install).
2) Try Selectv, it passes through everything ok (the download part skips by pretty quickly in Guided set up though).
3) Wait a few hours, and still, no Tv Guide data (it asks to make daily call, I do this from the Tivo and Tivowebs, it succeeds, but still no data).

From there I then,
4) Reformat the HDD using the CD (a fresh install ... and I do upgrade it to newest version)
5) Try Foxtel, it takes a little while to download the tv guide during the guided set up.
6) Wait a few hours and there is a tv guide (only for foxtel)
7) If I run through guided setup (without reformat) again, this time using selectv, the tv guide info for the channels that are on selectv and foxtel carry over for 2 weeks. (or until they run out).

If I do steps 4,5,6 and 7 using Austar instead of foxtel, same thing happens (Austar Data is downloaded ok, and kept for selectv).

It's just when I do selecttv from a fresh install, or the second time around (after using foxtel or austrar the first time and then using selecting selectv the second) there is no new data coming from selectv (it skips past the download part very quickly)

Hopefully I didn't over-explain it too much.

Also here's the logs...

Cheers, Aleks

petestrash
18-06-2008, 11:08 AM
We have found the problem.

Could you please try running GS again using Selectv.

Apparently no one else in Queensland has a 2 source TiVo using Selectv.

Peter.

aleks85
18-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks Peter,

The Sony Tivo that I am running for the Selectv is a single source (but two HDD).

If it helps, I was able to use my other Philips Tivo (before it green screened a few weeks ago) with dual sources of: qld selectv and qld fta.

Nonetheless, whatever the problem was, it's fixed and works works perfectly now using the Selectv option in Guided Setup on the Sony.

Thanks again for you help Peter,

You're a legend,

I'm off to Tivo,

Aleks

petestrash
18-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Glad it works now.

Peter.