PDA

View Full Version : Can't access tivo via web

zollymonsta
07-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi There,

My Tivo has been disconnected for some time during decorating. Just reconnected network cable and rebooted the Tivo.. infact rebooted several times.

I can successfully ping the tivo, yet can't telnet to it using Putty nor get it to respond to the web interface.

It has been moaning for several months about needing a daily call, so just wondering if this would be preventing me from connecting to it over the network. Daily call is scheduled next for 9:41pm (It's 8:25pm right now).
Perhaps after this is will become happy again?

I would force a daily call, but I can't set it to NTSC mode to access the phone menu, since the web interface won't work.

I can't connect to it using the serial cable as my new PC does not have a serial port (!)

So I'm kinda stuck if the 9:41pm daily call does not work. Any ideas?

Cheers,
ZollyMonsta

zollymonsta
07-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Ok, oops, it just did the call (Clock is still an hour ahead) and is preparing data.

I can now access the Tivo via the web interface (strange... it must have not allowed it due to no daily call being made in a while).

Now, is there anything I need to do for the new daylight savings time?
The tivo has had no network since around March. Or will it set the time correct after a daily call?

petestrash
07-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Time will be fine till next summer.

Check the other daylight savings threads and download the new postcodes file.

Peter.