PDA

View Full Version : Kathrein UFS 301si IR problems

finethen
01-05-2008, 11:52 AM
I have just purchased a "number" of these boxes for under $70 thinking they would be great for Freeview receivers for the TiVos. I have been unable to get them to respond to any of the Kathrein IR codes on the Thomson or Philips images using TiVo IR blasters. Is there something unusual with these boxes?

Any ideas on alternative codes that may work?

They also have RJ11 IR connection on the back, so I thought a direct connect to the TiVo might work, my research says don't do it as there may be high voltage sent to TiVo. Any further ideas on this also welcome. I guess the IR connection is for sending not receiving. :)

catdog
01-05-2008, 05:00 PM
I have an official freeview Hills box, which I think is just a Kathrein UFS 601si. You could try the IR codes I captured for that box (possibly under Hills during guided setup, otherwise here (http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/irdatabase.cgi?cmd=browse&id=30114)) Although it is possible that the "Hills" firmware uses different IR codes?

Skolink
01-05-2008, 07:24 PM
I wonder if it is because they are clones? My DM500-S clone wont respond to any of the Dreambox codes that work for other people with the same model. I can't seem to capture any codes either..

petestrash
06-05-2008, 01:09 AM
And on the trying the RJ11 connector, unless you can find out details about it don't.

Very few STB's allow channel changes via Serial. Most of the time it is just for firmware upgrades.

Peter.

finethen
06-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks Guys, no response with the Hills codes, I might have to trial and error, something I was not looking forward to. I will post if I find. Boxes probably clones, probably made in China but no label to that effect.

finethen
06-05-2008, 07:20 PM
When I first tried to sort this I checked the IR blaster was "blasting". It was but weakly, its now not blasting at all, I have swapped cables so must be in the TiVo?

petestrash
07-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Are you trying this in a US or UK TiVo?

Peter

finethen
15-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Both, I have decided to sell them on and get legit decoders, I am fairly sure these things are knockoffs, won't matter to non TiVo guys

finethen
11-08-2008, 08:54 PM
I am selling the Kathrein as I have picked up a shipment of DM500S Dreamboxes, see my ad on the trading forum if anyone is interested in buying.