PDA

View Full Version : Guide Data issue.. Can anyone help?

cusp
17-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Hi

I am still getting daily calls and data.. and I can schedule a program manually to record ok but there is something not right. I cannot search for programs by name, tivo is not suggesting anything under its 'suggestions' area and I cant seem to find anything by genre etc using wishlists.

Is the guide data missing something or have I perhaps got some weird guide database corruption?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Ash

petestrash
20-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Force a daily call, and if successful post the otclient.log here. If unsuccesful post the tcleint.log instead.

Peter

cusp
21-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Have emailed it to you using forum email feature.. otclient.log was too many characters for a post.. thanks so much :)

petestrash
30-01-2008, 03:46 AM
Sorry, I've been away. But for the future, you can post a zip file to this board and someone else may have been able to help you in my absense.

The log you sent me shows a successful connection, so no problems there.

Next thing to check for is a warped clock.

telnet to tivo and run "grep warp /var/log/tvlog", you will see lines like:

Dec 16 10:15:22 (none) DbGc[107]: DbGc::HandleTriggerWhileIdle -- clock is warped -- re-marking in 300 seconds

To fix this, telnet to the Tivo, and either run "touch /var/timestamp", or "/hack/bin/fixtivotime" (the latter is useful if you have configured an ntp server).

Then force a daily call wait 24 hours.

If you are still unable to search after this, telnet in and run "tivosh force_index.tcl"

Peter.

Grant
30-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Pete - whats the permanent solution to the clock warp? - a cron job?

I need to do the touch /timestamp routine every few weeks on one of my tivos and its right pain.. but haven't seen any confirmed long term fix suggestions.

thanks

petestrash
01-02-2008, 02:04 AM
What version of software are you running?

The current ntpdate stops the warp issue, as long as you are actually making successful connections.

Peter.

cusp
04-02-2008, 03:44 PM
hi - i think that seems to have fixed it. thank you very much!
i am away now for a few days but before i left i was able to search things by name again and display upcoming wishlist programs which i couldnt before.
thanks so much!

ash

petestrash
04-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Good to hear.

Peter.