PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Hobart that can reimage a drive?

Skolink
21-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Is there anyone in Hobart who could spare 1/2 hour to reimage a drive for me please?

I brought a TiVo over (from NZ) for my parents-in-law, and had it set up but managed to stuff it (selected clear and delete all). They only have Macs (and my laptop) so I have no way to reimage the drive.

The TiVo is stuck in a reboot loop (reboots before network drivers loaded) and I left my serial cable at home.

Can anyone help please? I'm here until 2nd Jan.

Charliektm400exc
23-12-2007, 07:17 PM
I might be able to help. Just need to dig out the old PC that I use for imaging

Give me a call on 0438 XXX XXX and we can try and sort out a time.

Charlie

Skolink
23-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Great thanks! I will give you a call in the morning. I built a serial cable but no joy there either, so I will definitely need your help.
Cheers,
John

Skolink
26-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks to Charlie's generosity of lending out his old PC, the TiVo is now up and running with dual source.

It also required the purchase of a $39.95 DVB-T box (Sansui SAN0737) from K-Mart, to replace the DGTEC DG5000i which we just could not get the IR codes working for.

We first searched all of Hobart for a DVB-T STB already in the IR database, but none were to be found. Training the IR codes for the SAN0737 was fairly straightfoward but will probably need some tweaking.

Cheers, John