PDA

View Full Version : headends Slice formats

Marianok
11-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Dear friends,
As you may know I'm from Argentina, I have a S1 Sony-200 tivo running with the OZtivo image, and I'm ussing one of the australian providers (i randomly picked one up) to keep my tivo happy.
after that, i just hidded all australian channels and added (add-channel) all argentinean ones.
Over the last few months I've been working on a way to have real argentinean EPG data. To do that, I created a vb6 program to convert XMLTV files to Slices and I'm feeding my tivo that way. So far, so good.
I got the file formats from some of triedge's original "art"
work, and figured out some details by reverse engeniering some of the
slices I found in the I'net. I have all the necesary items for filling the EPG grid (stations, series, programs, slots, etc) and messages (email).
I'm at the point that I want to optimize everything in
order to have an Argentinean "service" (a simpler version of the oztivo server) primarily to be able to add a couple of tivos for my family (but open, of course, to any one else that may need the info).
I'm trying to create the headends, lineups, and channel
definition slices in order to be able to show them at the "guided
setup" (and to handle the monthly channel # changes from my cable provider), but i have not been able to get the complete definition in
order to make a working slice.

Could any one point me to a URL, post or file with a definition
for this files ???

Thanks a lot in advance ...

Marianok

Marianok
15-03-2008, 08:41 AM
For those interested … I finally gave up on the idea of creating the slices in VB6. I managed to create the common ones (message, programs, series, channels, etc) but I could not get the info for the initial ones (headend lineup, AC, etc) and I had a hard time trying to identify the fields out of the slice … (the message one was easy, but this ones are much harder to get right)

Like I said, I gave up the VB approach … not the goal.

I went the “standard” way, Linux box, xmltv, xmltv2tivo, and TivoEmulator, mostly following the instructions from the tivocanada team, and guessing a good part of the rest …
After playing around with the different perl scripts, I was able to generate all the slices needed.
For the last 2 days my Tivo had the correct channel line up and the corresponding info for most of the channels (my XMLTV source is not that complete) and it has the programming for the next 2 weeks as well. :)
I do not have any “additional” information (genres, episode, actors, etc), not even descriptions, but I’m able to ask my tivo to record my favorite programs … the rest will come in due time :)

Thanks to all in the oztivo and tivocanada forums: Now, my wife loves the Tivo as much as I do :cool:

Now, I’m setting sight in my next goal: domesticate a Series 2 to work in Argentina (including Pal-N) :eek:

sikkie
04-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi Marinok,
I am sitting in England and would like to do the same (or has somebody done it already?). Can you please share some of your programs/code/method.
Thanks.

petestrash
04-05-2009, 11:49 PM
So TiVo survive and grow as a company, we do not offer any assistance to bypass paid TiVo service where such a service already exists.

Peter.