PDA

View Full Version : Using Freeview on an STB and having guide data

inaxeon
15-05-2007, 05:29 PM
So far this is proving to be a little confusing...

I can go through the guided setup and get the freeview channels, but they have no guide data, the guide data remains "attached" to the FTA channels which are of no use to me.

I did manage to 'hack' the FTA channels out of input1 into input2 and delete the 'guide data-less' FV channels using MFS and this was perfectly working till the tivo got a new lineup then things got totally messed up

this is what I'm trying to do (and I'm sure a number of other people will want to do this soon too!):

TV1 = input2 (STB) (with guide data)
TV2 = input2 (STB) (with guide data)
TV3 = input2 (STB) (with guide data)
C4 = input2 (STB) (with guide data)
prime = input1 (FTA Terrestrial) (will already have guide data)
Maori = input2 (STB) (with guide data)
[and the other misc terrestrial FTA channels]

and nothing else, i.e. do not want TV1,2,3 etc on FTA terrestrial

I did manage to achieve the above setup for about 36 hours (till the tivo re-sync'd)

How do I get there?

jaidev
15-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Did you do a clear and delete guide data and todo list before repeating guided setup?
What headend are you referring to? 02110 is the FreeView headend, the guide data has populated fine on my setup, although not using dual source on it.
02110 channel lineup was changed from 901, 902 etc to 1, 2, 3 since the previous setup would cause a FreeView STB to change to the incorrect channel. i.e. will try and change to 901

inaxeon
16-05-2007, 04:15 PM
I've been using 02112 because that's the only one I could make work

I did notice the 02110 headend but thus far haven't been able to make it work "Tivo keeps saying there are no cable providers in your area code"

I'm still pretty new to this so I'll persist with what you suggested (got to figure out how to do some of those things you suggested first)

With this configuration, would it be possible to keep Prime on FTA? or would Prime simply be unavailable because there isn't any combination of channels on the existing headends that will allow this?

Skolink
16-05-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm in Chch too so if you get stuck send me a message/email. I'll be around this weekend.

inaxeon
16-05-2007, 06:43 PM
OK, the more I look at this the more I think this is becomming a moot point...

When it comes to what channels you have and what inputs they're on, the emulator is king unless you want to use your own.

I suspect that as more and more people are buying STBs for freeview this will become a more and more common problem unless prime goes Freeview (Unlikely) so something is likely to come out of the woodwork eventually

I'll continue to chip away at this in background...

DOlsen
16-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I believe prime will be on the terrestrial freeview service, once they start broadcasting in Feb next year...

DJC
17-05-2007, 10:35 PM
This is handled by dual using input setup. Select the FTA headend as your postcode and follow the instructions for a dual input setup.

The FTA stuff will be cable. The add/remove channels to deselecting the ones you dont want does the trick of hiding them [ie. get rid of the suffix (Cab) once the tivo is up and running].

The other input is satellite, you select this and select freeview as the provider. When the tivo is up and running the prefix for these channels will be (Sat).

There is a special headend for satellite that comes down from the emu separately from the others for dual cab/sat setups.

This is the setup I have running on a US 3.0 tivo, local FTA channels + satellite provider.

Good luck.

inaxeon
18-05-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm having a little difficulty understanding some aspects of your post, so here's what I assumed

This is handled by dual using input setup.

I assume you mean dual input setup, on my Sony TiVo this translates to the option in Guided Setup called "I have two sources"

You did not mention which postcode, So I have used 02112 as it's the only one that has both sources.

The FTA stuff will be cable.

I'm assuming that 'Cable' is the 'Antenna' input on my TiVo, these channels do show up when using 02112

The add/remove channels to deselecting the ones you dont want does the trick of hiding them [ie. get rid of the suffix (Cab) once the tivo is up and running].

When using 02112 both sets of channels show up in the Guided Setup, So, Using the standard TiVo interface, I have de-selected the channels duplicated on FV from what the Sony TiVo calls the input1 channels (Antenna)

The other input is satellite, you select this and select freeview as the provider.

I did in fact select Freeview as the provider for my input2 (A/V)

There is a special headend for satellite that comes down from the emu separately from the others for dual cab/sat setups.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to tell me here, possibly referring to the 02110 headend?

This is the setup I have running on a US 3.0 tivo, local FTA channels + satellite provider.

I am using the 3.0 image (rel 1.6.2) on a Sony SVR-2000

Good luck.

Luck does not appear to be with me on this one, after performing this, I have the FV channels, but the only channels with Guide Data are the ones on input 1 (antenna) the FV channels remain Guide Data-less.

After performing the above I also did a "Clear Guide Data & todo list", then forced a daily call just be sure.

DJC
18-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Looks to me like you have correct dual source setup .. presume you followed the instructions on oztivo.net ... PM me your tivo id so I can dig further.