PDA

View Full Version : Okay - I need help

ozNick
15-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Help please - I'm sure I've simply missed something.

I have built my TiVo 4 times and reconfigured it many more times.

If I select FTA digital - I can set the TiVo up with no problems. All the guide data is present and I can schedule etc and see the guide from TivoWebPlus.

If I select Foxtel - I can get the channels but no data. (left for 12 hours after build).

I have tried everything I can find written about the subject.

Thanks Nick

petestrash
15-03-2007, 10:33 PM
To help , could you please be a little more specific. Are you selecting analog or digital, cable or satellite. Force a daily call then post your otclient log here.

Peter.

ozNick
16-03-2007, 08:04 AM
To help , could you please be a little more specific. Are you selecting analog or digital, cable or satellite. Force a daily call then post your otclient log here.

Peter.

Thanks Peter.

Foxtel Satellite Digital - Log attached

Cheers Nick

petestrash
16-03-2007, 12:06 PM
You still haven't told me whether you have Cable or Satellite. But looking at both headends there may be an issue with the ACT versions.

Redo GS with the NSW postcode of 2000.

Peter.

ozNick
17-03-2007, 07:57 PM
You still haven't told me whether you have Cable or Satellite. But looking at both headends there may be an issue with the ACT versions.

Either you caught my response straight after I poasted it, or you get the poasts via e-mail. I corrected my poast within seconds to read "Foxtel Satellite Digital".

Redo GS with the NSW postcode of 2000.

Tried it twice - unfortunately same problem.

One thing I noticed was ABC2 is there (in 02600 & 02000) - I suspect it is a ghost of the FTA digital config I have working before I reconfigured for Foxtel Satellite Digital.

Cheers Nick

petestrash
17-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Are you now selecting single source when you run GS or two sources?

If 2 sources which source are your using for Foxtel?

Peter.

ozNick
17-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Are you now selecting single source when you run GS or two sources?

If 2 sources which source are your using for Foxtel?

Peter.

Just one source.

Cheers Nick

petestrash
17-03-2007, 08:28 PM
All that's left that I can think of is corruption. I suggest a clear and delete, then run GS again.

Peter

ozNick
18-03-2007, 07:21 AM
All that's left that I can think of is corruption. I suggest a clear and delete, then run GS again.

Peter

Thanks - that worked using 2000

I had rebuilt it (literally) a couple of times before but each time I had used the 2600 FoxTel Digital.

Cheers Nick

petestrash
18-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I think there might be something funky with the 2600 fox dig sat headend. I'll look into it.

Peter.

MattCanavan
13-04-2007, 01:24 PM
I seem to be having the same problem.

Input 1: Foxtel dig sat
Input 2: Canberra dig FTA

The daily calls succeed but after indexing I only get the FTA lineup. I am set to download the NS12601 lineup.

I manually uploaded (suing dbload) the NS02015 lineup (the one I was using before I got the 2nd input installed) and that has worked. Is there any way I can force the tivo to download other lineups? If not I will try to redo the GS with the NSW postcode.

petestrash
15-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Someone else is now looking after the headends, I'll pass the query on.

Peter.

rirvine
16-04-2007, 06:36 PM
I seem to be having the same problem.

Input 1: Foxtel dig sat
Input 2: Canberra dig FTA

The daily calls succeed but after indexing I only get the FTA lineup. I am set to download the NS12601 lineup.

Hi Matt,

ACT was never really set up completely, some of the configs were missing, some were using NSW lineups (so channels would have been wrong) etc.
ACT didn't have a second input source setup at all, so trying to setup 2 inputs would have never worked correctly (as you found out).

As this is the first time ACT have had "ACT" foxtel channels, not "NSW" ones. I took a guess at some of the channel names (EG Nine-NSW is now WIN-Can) etc.

While I've done these changes, I'm putting these on hold for a while before I make them live, so I can work out the impact to other people using the 1st Input in ACT.
If you want to test this, and you can swap your inputs around,. Eg Input 1 is FTA and Input 2 is Foxtel, that should work (you should get ACT Foxtel Channel Names). At the moment, Input 1 is still using NSW data for Foxtel sources.

If you get this working, have a flick around the channels to make sure everything is named correctly.

Regards,

Ross.

MattCanavan
16-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for that Ross. I will try that soon (but it may have to wait to the weekend). I'll let you know how I go.

Matt

petestrash
17-04-2007, 08:19 PM
This may not work, watch for more updates soon.

Peter.

rirvine
17-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Peter,

If Matt swaps inputs so that Foxtel is on input 2, then it "should" work.
Input 2 is now alive and kicking with a full set of ACT Foxtel linesups.
The issue we're having is input 1 using NSW Foxtel lineups.

While not an ideal solution, it might allow Matt to get up and running until we work out the impact (or non impact as it seems to be) of changing input 1's lineups.

Ross.

petestrash
17-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Ok, fair enough.

Peter.

MattCanavan
18-04-2007, 06:58 AM
I redid GS last night and it's worked. I ended up putting FTA through the RF in and Foxtel as source 2. I'm getting updates for both and, unlike other times, while it was doing the initial indexing it was alerting me to its progress on the system info screen.

Thanks guys,

Matt

rirvine
18-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Excellent news Matt, thanks for posting back.
Can you confirm the re-broadcast FTA Foxtel channels have the correct names (Eg Not NSW/SYD names).

Have you found anything else that's not right?

Thanks,

Ross.

MattCanavan
18-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Ross, the Foxtel FTA channels do have Sydney in their names. Not an issue for me though. In Canberra you only receive ABC and SBS through Foxtel. I think the ABC feed is the Sydney one anyway (although I'm not sure about this).

Again thanks for your help,

Matt

rirvine
18-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Matt,

Bugger.. Can you send me a private message with your unique TiVo ID number. You can get it by telneting into the tivo and doing:

grep TCD_ID /var/log/*

It's a 15 digital number.

This will allow me to see what slices you are downloading as you should have Canberra channel names not the NSW ones.

Thanks,

Ross.