PDA

View Full Version : Repeat Guided Setup won't run

deanobeano
09-03-2007, 08:16 AM
As a NEWBIE, I've just taken delivery of a Philips PTV100 tivo with 250Mb HD, networked, running v 1.5. I have attempted to run "Repeat Guided Setup" to change the settings to match my STB and FTA stations but to no avail.

After selecting "Repeat Guided Setup", it takes to the "Welcome to Tivo" screen, pressing "select" then just returns you back to the "Tivo Central" screeen.http://forums.oztivo.net/images/smilies/confused.gif
:confused:

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

tonys
09-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I suspect you're still in normal PAL mode, you'll need to reboot into 'maintenance mode' via Tivoweb to allow guided setup to run.

jaidev
09-03-2007, 10:41 AM
We highly recommend that you download the NZ Philips image from here
ftp://orac.caffeine.co.nz/install_images/nzTiVo-Philips-Installer.iso

Install this NZ supported image and then attempt to setup the TiVo, believe me it will save you a lot of hassle and time, it seems getting into guided setup is just your first hurdle if you continue with the current image on the TiVo. And since you have no recordings it's best to do it now rather than later with a new tivo install.

deanobeano
09-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi, that particular ISO does not appear to be there. There are 2 similarly named ISO files there: nzTivo-Philips-Installer-Apr06TW & nzTivo-Philips-Installer-Apr06TWP. Which one should I use?

jaidev
09-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Use the latest which is nzTivo-Philips-Installer-Aug06TWP.iso

deanobeano
12-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Thank you. That worked.