PDA

View Full Version : Guide data showing in "Live TV guide" but not in searches

dmicklem
20-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Hi,

I hope someone here can help me out.

The problem I'm having is that the guide data appears to download OK (and appears in the "Live TV Guide" lists). But no season passes/wishlists record and if I do a "Search by Title" then no programs are found at all (the clock appears for quite a long time while the Tivo searches for programs).

I looked for time warp messages but didn't find any.

Some extra background:
Its a Philips Tivo 3.0-01-1-000 running OzTivo.
I'm in Norway, so I have to provide my own guide data (via xmltv and writeguide).
Everything was working fine until the cable company upgraded us to digital.
We got a bunch of extra channels on different numbers, so I had to update the Headend, and I updated to a newer version of tv_grab.no that could collect data for the extra channels.
The new channels have all appeared correctly, and are correctly populated with TV listings - they just don't appear in the searches.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions. Let me know if you need any more specific information.

Thanks,

David Micklem

petestrash
20-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Did you bump the headend version number ?

Peter

dmicklem
20-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah. And it seems to have accepted the new headend - all the new channels and channel numbers have appeared correctly. But only in the Live TV Guide.

Come to think of it, the Headend version number just reached 100, so it went from 2 digits to 3 digits. Could that make a difference?? If so, is it possible to 'reset' the version number so that I can go back to a 2-digit one?

Thanks for your help,

David Micklem

petestrash
20-12-2006, 10:24 PM
We have never had any 3 digit headends, so cannot say.

It certainly may be an issue.

Peter.

dmicklem
21-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Thanks.

Do you by any chance know how to reset the version number? As I understand it, the tivo will only pay attention to a new headend if it is higher than the old one... I'd be happy to 'start again' at a low number but I'm not sure what I need to do to persuade the tivo to recognize it. (Preferably without deleting everything in 'now showing').

I hope it doesn't involve going through Guided Setup again - I'm not sure I can remember how I managed that last time! And the tivocanada FAQ that helped then seems to have vanished.

Cheers,

David

petestrash
21-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Sorry, I don't know any way to reset the count.

You might might want to try Dennis at TiVo Canada, he may know.

Peter.

tenty
25-12-2006, 06:28 AM
I just wanted to ask with this one, how long did you wait? I understand that TiVo has to do some indexing, and I remember setting up my TiVo for the first time, and needing to wait as TiVo indexed the guide data. This meant that I had Live TV information after 30 mins, but I was still not able to search the Season Passes.

I'd be interested to see if this is the same problem.

Cheers