PDA

View Full Version : I have a FUlly HACKED up US Tivo - Do I need to redo the whole image?

kiltannen
16-12-2006, 02:45 PM
I bought a hard drive and a network kit - I can connect to my US Tivo fine over the LAN - is it possible to just update a few files through the WEB Tivo interface? or mybe FTP + Telnet?

I also got myself a Cache card...

I would rather not do a whole new image if I can avoid it...

petestrash
16-12-2006, 03:12 PM
In simple terms no it's not possible.

The hacks to make PAL work and use an emulator other than TiVo cannot be simply copied across.

Peter.

jaidev
16-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Redoing the image on the Tivo is as simple as loading the nzTivo Philips image and going through Guided Setup. Simple as pie, you will then have a fully hacked tivo with ftp, tivoweb etc and guide data!..

kiltannen
16-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the comments guys - I have now loaded the image - and it seems to have connected successfully because it has just finished importing guide data!

kiltannen
16-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Well ....

I *THOUGHT* I had just finished importing guide data.

I hadn't yet edited the tclient.conf file. I've now done this - and it appears to be downloading and importing the data far to quickly - as in it takes no time at all. And then - I find that even though I've selected area code 002 - I get a message saying no dial in numbers for my area code - would I like to try again.

does anybody have any suggestions?

--on a brighter note - the tivoweb works great!

kiltannen
16-12-2006, 11:56 PM
OK - Problem Solved.

Because I'm an idiot - I selected zipcode 02114 - after I selected 02113 all my problems were over!

Just working through my stuff now!

a Happy TIVO camper is back!

Darren King
17-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Good to hear. Should be relatively smooth sailing from here :)