PDA

View Full Version : Severe error (Green Screen Of Death) with latest slice

brucer
22-05-2004, 02:54 PM
just a FYI, the latest slice didn't seem to be up on the emulator (perhaps for good reason) so I tried to LOADGUIDE it and the tivo has crashed with a green "Severe Error - wait 3 hours then call support" screen, I gather this means it's running a file system repair. I guess I'll wait a few hours and if it hasn't fixed itself time for another image.. Anyone else had problems with this slice?

PS. I'm NOT complaining ;) just wondering if it's a slice problem or something more worrying with my beloved Tivo..

timmy
22-05-2004, 05:02 PM
hah yeah slice failed. doh Jaidev it helps to actually test a slice first before posting. hehe data is here if someone else want to make it instead.

brucer
22-05-2004, 06:21 PM
thanks, I figured.. the Tivo sorted itself out pretty quickly and as a bonus I now have tv2 data :D

ehintz
22-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Heh. It was on the emulator for about 15 minutes, until I got the GSOD. I pulled it off and waited to see if it was just me or if the loadguiders b0rk3d it as well. Mine seems to be happy now though (just got home, been out all evening, when I left the GSOD was going on 1.5hrs). Anyway, I think I'll leave the slice out for now. May have another go with the data and wktivoguide tomorrow, just for the hell of it.

jaidev
22-05-2004, 10:39 PM
I hadn't loaded it since I run my own emulator...
but slicedump checked it out fine.
Although I suspect it's due to a negative duration value somewhere in the data.

jaidev
22-05-2004, 11:01 PM
Ok I created a slice with the nerdthings data, creates fine, however there are a few negative duration values in the data.
So I haven't posted the slice yet.. not sifting through 317 files to find them...

I'll wait till morning Tim can remove the offending values from the database and send me the data again.

cheers..

timmy
23-05-2004, 05:40 AM
ok i'm the dumbass...

removed two negatives from tvnz data and two very large time values from nerdthings grabber. hope that solves it :)

ehintz
23-05-2004, 07:35 AM
I also ran the suspect slice through slicedump; the bit that looked abnormal to me was "There were 4 numeric errors". I don't recall seeing that in good slices(and would fit with negative values). But it's not the usual symptom of bad slices(orphaned records), which is why I tried it out.

Jaidev-you mention you're running your own emulator, are you also rolling your own data? All I'm doing is grabbing the nztivo.slice file and naming it appropriately for the emulator environment, are you doing something completely different? If so, pray tell what?

zollymonsta
23-05-2004, 05:29 PM
I cant even go to tims website anymore. It says the pages are missing, and
if I go to the main page it's parked by 'go daddy.com'

ehintz
23-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Timmy's got a wee bit of DNS woes at the moment, covered in this thread:

http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=123

zollymonsta
23-05-2004, 06:22 PM
Ahh missed that thread. Been quite busy the last wee while.

Thought Tim was being held hostage by some internet guerillas!

jaidev
23-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Tim can you pls send me the modified data, so I can make an updated slice..

cheers..