PDA

View Full Version : Moving from Saturn Analogue to Digital - Not Easy

Gazzagazzanz
25-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Today the installer from Saturn came and made the swap for us, and I went through the agony of changing IR codes for the new set top box. I re-ran guided setup and found no choice for the "Austar" box that apparently matches the Saturn one. So I completed to process with just a random choice and then went through the manual load as detailed here...

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/IR/LoadCodesFromIRDatabase

This would have been OK, except the cablebox number shown in the procedure detailed was "1". No go. Hours passed. I searched the forums, faqs, etc and read and read...

Then I re-ran guided setup, again looked for ADB (manufacturer of the Austar Omega box) or Austar, no go... again chose a random box, completed and went back to manual.

This time the cablebox number shown via tivoweb was 20000. Again went through the procedure, and success. It works. Four hours work!

Should there be an entry in the cable box choice during guided setup matching the Saturn decoder?

I was not able to move away from 02113 zip code which I selected when I first installed about 18 months ago. Has this anything to do with it?

Certainly enough to put off anyone who wasn't prepared to persist.

zollymonsta
01-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Did you do a 'clear and delete everything' before trying to move over to the Saturn Digital postcode? (This will delete all your recordings).

I would have thought the latest image would have the current Oztivo IR code slice on it. You need to use the Oztivo Austar code.
If it's not there you will need to download it, ftp it to the tivo and load it manually.

Gazzagazzanz
01-10-2006, 03:33 PM
I didn't want to blow all my recordings away. I did the manual addition of the IR codes as per the Oztivo FAQ. It just didn't go as easily as I thought it would. Works OK now though...