PDA

View Full Version : UKTV / PRIME swap

Schumi
04-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Hi all,

Anyone noticed yet that Prime and UKTV have swapped channels on SKY? Anything that we need to do, or anything we can assist with?:confused:

DJC
04-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Changes were made on schedule last night. The next daily calls should bring things in line. [mine swapped ok]

Schumi
04-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks, for the info - sorry for the new thread but I didn't know where else to ask the questions...

tonys
04-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Be very interesting to see if my mysterious headend manages to make the change!

tonys
04-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Hmm, no sign of a lineup change on my machine, looks like I'm in for a clear and delete.

slipmat
05-09-2006, 04:36 AM
Hmm, no sign of a lineup change on my machine, looks like I'm in for a clear and delete.

Same here, just made a manual call and still no change. I'm using the legacy emulator on port 80, could this be it?

tonys
05-09-2006, 05:42 AM
Dunno, think there's more to it than that, my Tivo is also on port 80, and no line up change, my son's tivo is also on port 80, but a newer install with NZTivo image and it's picked up the change!

DJC
05-09-2006, 06:32 AM
I'd agree with tonys, I think we have assertained something is up with his main tivo. For him I'm recommending pick a time and move the port 8000 with a reimage. Unfortunate, but one of those things that won't happen often.

Slipmat - what postcode are you using. did you get 35 MTV ok, and can you PM me your tivo id.

tonys
05-09-2006, 07:16 AM
DJC, do you think I need to do a full reimage or just a clear and delete?

DJC
05-09-2006, 07:32 AM
If you do a C&D all you'll have a fresh tivo. That will work... but it is also a great opportunity to get to the latest image. Your call.

tonys
05-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Does the 'current' NZ image automatically set up from port 8000?

DJC
05-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Sure does.

Schumi
05-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Aaaah - and here I thought I was the only one.
Similar issue, running on port 80 and no channel change picked up, despite two manual calls.
What's worse, I've forgotten all the commands!!! My TIVO has been running without so much as a blink for over 6 months, I guess another thanks is due to the guys behind the scenes who make it all work.
It's time to install that 240G hard drive that's been living in my computer for 3 months...

Schumi
05-09-2006, 07:17 PM
An interesting observation ->
While I was writing the last post I changed to the 8000 port and initiated a call - not remembering that 1.4 image can't use the guide data on the 8000 port :o . It failed loading the data (which made me remember), so I changed back to the 80 port and made another call - voila, message appeared with channel line up change announcement and new channel data reported as per new line-up!
Now, this may be co-incidental, but maybe worth a try for everyone else having a problem.

Hard disk upgrade might have to wait...

DJC
05-09-2006, 07:24 PM
The explanation here is that the legacy headend is the same postcode but its version number is in the 40's. The current headend on 8000 has had much more work, its version is in the 80's.

Those who flicked into the current emulator may well have got their headend updated, but the load fails at the IR slice unless you have setup on port 8000.

However, when you go back to 80, any updates made to the legacy headend will never be seen since the version number is much lower.

The official position remains the same, pick a suitable time and re-GS/re-image off port 8000. Its the supported configuration for the future.

Schumi
05-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the explanation DJC, will do on the next rainy weekend.

Muzza
07-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Did I just catch a statement in there saying I can't change to port 8000 with the 1.4 image, but to fix the Prime/UK-TV issue I need to re-image to 1.5??

Please, please tell me this isn't so. :mad: :confused: :(

After all the issues I had back a few months ago with failed guide data on mine and my in-laws TiVo we had finally been enjoying a few months of reliabilty and blissful TiVo operation and now I it appears that I need to blow away the many hours of programs and movies (so many that the TiVo is automatically deleting its own selections to make room for my season passes etc - and it's a 200Gb Hdd) I haven't watched yet, so I can fix this channel issue.

Please tell me there is another way????

This would affect 5 TiVo's in my "circle".

DJC
07-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Not sure what you are talking about really. You need to understand the situation with headends and choose your course appropriately. Alternatively you can create your own headends which fix any issues you may have and create whatever lavel of stability you require.

The Prime/UK swap has been done on all emulators, including the legacy.

Muzza
08-09-2006, 05:10 AM
Basically the way I read that is that if I change to port 8000 and I have image 1.4 (which I do) then I will get a "failed while preparing data" message.
And to re-image to 1.5 would require me to lose all current data on the hard disk (which I have a lot). I know I can back up season passes etc but to backup the video would take me weeks.

Or am I confused (hopefully I am :confused:)?

DJC
08-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Frankly, the image is irrelevant.

If you GS'ed initially from port 80 you are in a legacy config. If you change to 8000 you will get failed to load data (IR slice issue).

Only those units that setup of 8000 can successful make a daily call from 8000. In order to change from 80 to 8000 you need to either C&DE or you could just elect to move to 1.5 re-image.

Gazzagazzanz
08-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Can someone clarify... if I re-run guided setup to fix the Prime / UK issue, which I am suffering, then I will lose all my recorded programming?

Muzza
08-09-2006, 09:28 AM
So I should just do a "clear and delete" from the TiVo preferences menu (which should only delete guide data and season passes), then change to port 8000, do a forced download and then I'll be all sorted???

Therefore not actually deleting the actual video data and still using 1.4?

Or I am getting totally confused here still??

MrGadget
08-09-2006, 01:12 PM
A further question - if (as a port 80 user) I do a Clear & Delete, and connect to port 8000 - can I then restore my backed up wish lists and season passes?

If so, will have have any specific issues with SP/WL's on UKTV and Prime?

Cheers
Neil

MrGadget
08-09-2006, 01:18 PM
So I should just do a "clear and delete" from the TiVo preferences menu (which should only delete guide data and season passes), then change to port 8000, do a forced download and then I'll be all sorted???

Therefore not actually deleting the actual video data and still using 1.4?

Or I am getting totally confused here still??

I can confirm that doing a Clear & Delete will NOT remove any recorded programs - only guide data, season passes and wishlists - consequently, nothing will be recorded afterwards until you re-setup some SP's & WL's - or (and note my question above) restore a backup (?) of the season passes etc (See the Backup tab of Tivoweb).

Muzza
08-09-2006, 04:24 PM
So that's all I need to do to fix the channels though?
No re-image?

SeanOffShotgun
09-09-2006, 04:24 AM
A few weeks ago I volunteered to guinea pig test the move from port 80 to port 8000. I was also asked to document the process. This is the result:

http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/Emulator_Migration

Muzza
09-09-2006, 04:43 AM
A few weeks ago I volunteered to guinea pig test the move from port 80 to port 8000. I was also asked to document the process. This is the result:

http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/Emulator_Migration

Thanks Sean - after reading that all I can say is : Bugger :( - Looks like I'll just be putting up with Prime and UKTV being on the wrong channel (I guess I'll just have to do a manual record if I want to keep getting "Letterman" :) )

As I have obviously nearly reached my limit on my 200Gb drive installed I don't really think FTP'ing the Now Playing lineup from my TiVo is an option - firstly due to how long it will take and secondly due to the lack of spare hard disk space on my other pcs to put it onto to. :(

I think this will end up being the case for most of us here in Hams.
Damm on Sky for changing stuff when everything had been going so well!!!!!

Muzza
09-09-2006, 01:58 PM
The most bizzare thing has now occured - turned the TV on at 4pm and browsed through the channels and Prime and UKTV are now in the right place. Checked TiVoweb and it did a guide data call at 2:30pm. Obviously this download has corrected it - HOORAY - No lost video!!!

However......for some reason the logos are now all messed up - tried doing a re-association but if I get all the channels correct then the now playing ones are incorrect or vice-versa. The logos don't match up between "channel" & "now playing".

Does anyone know what has happened there? :confused:

DJC
09-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Sounds to me like you should be thanking those volunteers working behind the scenes. You've just been saved an immediate re-image to come in line or at least an ongoing workaround.

However, the recommendation is still to pick a time and move to 8000. I think we can expect more frequent headend changes over the coming year with D1 and digital on its way.

The manual legacy headend system is at best hit and miss, as you have found out. No guarantees at all. As for logos, simply put, the legacy system doesn't support them... never has, logos are only setup correctly on the current system. My recollection is when your tivo updates itself, you loose all logo associations (cartoon network for all I recall)

The current system on 8000 has automatically generated headends, those of us on the current emulator never saw a problem - the recent providers changes went through smoothly on the day, no logo issues, things have been stable since inception (Feb '06).

Muzza
10-09-2006, 05:01 AM
Thanks for fixing that - very appreciated!

The logos thing is weird as they have always worked fine for the 5 of us Waikato users I know about previously but they don't stop the functionality of the TiVo so I don't really care. We will try and make our way through all the shows stored on the TiVo (need a few rainy weekends) and then I'll re-image to 1.5 and change ports.

Cheers again.
Muzza.

DJC
10-09-2006, 06:02 AM
An automatic associate in tivoweb and then a reboot should bring logos back into line... they are still named to match the channel callsigns which are mostly the same in the lagacy headend.

Muzza
10-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks DJC. Did an auto-associate and rebooted - it didn't quite get them right but this time when I manually associated them they stuck (and were correct).

ALL HAPPY IN TIVOLAND AGAIN! :) :) :)

Thanks all for your help.

tonys
10-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Just reimaged to NZ1.5, completed GS, trying to get into tivowebplus, but I'm being asked for a user name and password, tried the usual admin/admin, but no go, what is the correct info please?

tonys
10-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Found it in the tivowebplus script, username=nztivo, password=blank